Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
- Free Consultation
A criminal defense attorney with BK Law Group, William Bailey represents clients who have been accused of committing sex offenses, DWI and drug violations. His clients most often come from the Bloomington, Minnesota, area, including the following counties: Anoka, Carver, Washington, Scott, Dakota, Ramsey and Hennepin. Along with criminal defense, he is also experienced in immigration law and serves a diverse range of clients in all different phases of life.
At the University of North Dakota, Mr. Bailey graduated with a Bachelor of Science in criminal psychology in 2012, then earned another bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice Studies the next year. He then moved on to law school at the University of North Dakota School of Law and earned his Juris Doctor in 2016.
Mr. Bailey is admitted to practice in the state of Minnesota and before the United States District Court for the District of North Dakota as well as the United States Immigration Court. He has a 10 Justia Lawyer Rating and has been recognized for his expertise as one of the Best DUI Lawyers in Minneapolis and the Best Criminal Defense Lawyers in Minneapolis.
A former member of the North Dakota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Greater Grand Forks County Bar Association, Mr. Bailey holds active membership in the Minnesota State Bar Association and the State Bar Association of North Dakota. During his free time, he mentors students who have interests in becoming a lawyer and answers legal questions online to help push potential clients in the right direction. He also makes a point to take at least one pro bono case a year.
- 50%Criminal Defense
- 20%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 20%Criminal Defense: White Collar
- 10%Immigration: Consumer
Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Probation, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, DUI/DWI, White Collar Crime, Naturalization & Citizenship
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2022
About William Bailey
First Admitted: 2017, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://bk-lawgroup.com/william-bailey/
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Studies and Psychology - University of North Dakota, 2013
- Mr. Bailey was also a member of the North Dakota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers in 2016 and 2017, 2016
- Member of Grand Forks County Bar Association in 2016-2017. Gave a lecture about the immigration court process to the other members who were lawyers and judges in the area, 2016
- State of North Dakota Bar, 2016
- Immigration Courts nationwide, 2016
- United States District Court for the District of North Dakota, 2016
- State of Minnesota Bar, 2017
- Spoke to the Grand Forks County Bar Association about the Immigration Court process and the overlap between criminal and immigration law in 2017, Keynote speaker, Immigration Process speech, Grand Forks County Bar Association, 2017
- Spoke at an employment law CLE on I-9 compliance in 2017, Employment Law speaker, 2017
Pro bono/Community Service
- Additionally, he volunteers his time to mentor students who are in law school or who are thinking of going to law school, 2018
- He also participates in multiple free legal question and answer websites to provide people with a free push in the right direction, 2019
- He has taken on at least one pro bono case every year he has practiced, 2016
- Successfully argued for bail in a number of immigration matters allowing clients to be released while making their case to remain in the United States in 2016 and 2017
- Successfully negotiated favorable resolutions in a wide variety of criminal cases, including dismissal of charges, avoidance of a criminal record, and reduction of charges from 2016 to the present
- Mr. Bailey represents all kinds of clients in all kinds of criminal cases. Most often he works with people in Hennepin, Ramsey, Dakota, Scott, Washington, Carver, and Anoka counties. He has also represented a number of people who live out of state and have successfully resolved their cases without the need for them to spend the time and money to travel to Minnesota. He has worked on cases in 35 different Minnesota counties from 2017- the present
Last Updated: 5/15/2022