Ryan M. Schmisek
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Minnetonka, MN
Selected to Rising Stars: 2007, 2011 - 2014
- Virtual Appointments
An attorney at Krueger, Juelich & Schmisek, Ryan Schmisek represents clients in Minnesota in matters of estate planning, preparation of wills and trusts, divorce, child support, orders for protection, negotiation and preparation of divorce settlement agreements, adoption, premarital agreements, the division of marital debt and property, child custody, and spousal maintenance. With over a decade practicing law, Mr. Schmisek has written appellate briefs for the Court of Appeals of Virginia, the United States Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, the Supreme Court of Virginia, the United States Supreme Court and the Court of Appeals in Minnesota.
Throughout his career, Mr. Schmisek has represented federal employees, military members, and foreign service officers and their spouses. This gives him insight into survivor benefits, division of retired pay and other unique issues that affect these individuals. While he strives to negotiate each case early, he is also prepared to go to trial if necessary to protect the best interests of his clients.
After graduating from the University of Minnesota, Mr. Schmisek attended the Mitchell Hamline School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor. He is admitted to practice in Minnesota, and for his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, he holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Schmisek is a member of the family law section of the Dakota County Bar Association and the Hennepin County Bar Association. Other professional organizations he is involved with include the Virginia State Bar and the Minnesota State Bar Association. Mr. Schmisek is also experienced in situations involving stock options, federal employment, retirement plans, deferred compensation plans and closely held businesses.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 80%Family Law
- 20%Estate Planning & Probate
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Estate Planning, Power of Attorney, Trusts, Wills
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2007, 2011 - 2014
About Ryan M. Schmisek
First Admitted: 2001, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.kruegerjuelichlaw.com/attorney/schmisek-ryan-m/
- Minnesota Super Lawyers List
- Minnesota Rising Stars List
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Ratings - AV Preeminent®. The highest possible designation reflecting legal skills and ethics.
- Included on the Super Lawyers® list in 2016 and 2017
- Recognized by Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list in 2007, 2010-2014
- Dakota County Bar Association Family Law Section, Member
- Richard T. Oakes Inns of Court
- Virginia Attorneys Abroad
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar, Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association Family Law Section, Member
- Minnesota State Bar, Member
- Written appellate briefs for the Minnesota Court of Appeals, the Virginia Court of Appeals, the Virginia Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court
- Prepared and presented continuing legal education seminar for the Minnesota State Bar Association. , CLE Presenter, Interstate and International Child Custody Jurisdiction, Minnesota State Bar Association, 2018
- University of Minnesota, BA, 1998
- National Trial Advocacy College at the University of Virginia School of Law, 2008
- Hamline University School of Law, JD, 2001
- Ferrell v. Ferrell, 2014 Minn. App. Unpub. LEXIS 1201, 2014
- Duesenberg v. Duesenberg (In re Marriage of Duesenberg) (Minn. App. 2018), 2018
- Honderich-Flannery v. Flannery (In re Marriage of Honderich-Flannery) (Minn. App. 2017), 2017
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member and Treasurer of the Minnesota State Bar Solo/Small Firm Section. Section liaison to the Minnesota State Bar Legislative Section., 2021
Last Updated: 5/15/2022