Lindsay J. Wells
Top rated Family Law attorney in Oakdale, MinnesotaRogness & Field, P.A.
Lindsay J. Wells is a Partner at Rogness & Field, P.A. She serves clients in the areas of family law, estate planning and probate. Ms. Wells lives in the Twin Cities and works with clients across Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Over the years, she has built an impressive record of service via her work in private practice and routinely draws on knowledge received from prior roles with the Washington County Public Defender’s Office, Tubman Family Alliance Center and the William Mitchell College of Law’s Child Protection Clinic. Her experiences have helped her develop a deeper understanding of family law and the underlying psychological considerations of the families involved.
Ms. Wells completed her undergraduate studies at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. While earning her B.A., she was a member of the Students for Family and Children and served on the Board for the Phi Upsilon Omicron Honor Society. She then went on to complete her J.D. at William Mitchell College of Law. During this time, she held several leadership positions, such as treasurer of the Elder Law and Estate Planning Society. She has been licensed to practice in Minnesota since 2013 and in Wisconsin since 2015. She is also admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota.
When tackling family law and probate cases, Ms. Wells works closely with her clients to find amicable solutions. She understands that maintaining the peace, when possible, can eliminate litigation, reduce cost, speed up the process as a whole. When amicable resolution is not possible, Ms. Wells skillfully and zealously advocates for her clients to achieve favorable results. In estate planning cases, she routinely helps families craft unique solutions and plans that meet their individual needs and goals.
In addition to being a strong advocate for her clients, Ms. Wells is also a qualified neutral and mediator, and has served as a volunteer mediator at Ramsey County Volunteer Mediation Program. She has also maintained several memberships at law organizations over the years including the Washington County Bar Association, St. Croix Valley Bar Association, Minnesota State Bar Association and Wisconsin State Bar Association.
Practice areasFamily Law, Estate Planning & Probate
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Living Wills, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Name Change, Paternity, Power of Attorney, Prenuptial Agreements, Probate & Estate Administration, Wills
- 60% Family Law
- 40% Estate Planning & Probate
First Admitted: 2013, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://rognessfield.com/attorneys/lindsay-j-wells/
- Rosalie Wahl Moot Court, Competitor, William Mitchell College of Law
- Minnesota Women Lawyers, Member, William Mitchell College of Law
- Mitchell Mentors Program, Member, William Mitchell College of Law
- Phi Alpha Delta, Social/Networking Co-Chair, William Mitchell College of Law
- Elder Law and Estate Planning Society, Treasurer
- Minnesota Justice Foundation Achievement in Public Service Award, William Mitchell College of Law
- Legal Assistance of Dakota County, Volunteer Clinic Attorney
- Ramsey County Volunteer Mediation Program, Volunteer Mediator
- Qualified Neutral under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice in the area of family facilitative/hybrid
- Dakota County Bar Association, Member
- St. Croix Valley Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota, 2013
- Wisconsin, 2015
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota, 2013
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member, 2013 to present
- Washington County Bar Association, Member
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A. in Human Development and Family Studies; Certificate in Criminal Justice, Honors: Phi Upsilon Omicron Honor Society, Social/Initiation Chair and Students for Family and Children, Member, 2010
Office location for Lindsay J. Wells
434 Hale Avenue N.
Oakdale, MN 55128
- Rising Stars: 2022 - 2023