Jeremy R. Stevens
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Rochester, MN
Selected to Rising Stars: 2004, 2006 - 2009
Attorney Jeremy R. Stevens is a partner with the Bird, Stevens & Borgen, P.C., law firm, which has offices in Rochester and Bloomington, Minnesota. Working primarily out of the firm's Rochester law office, Mr. Stevens devotes his practice to litigation, and he specifically focuses on workers' compensation, personal injury and commercial litigation.
Certified as a civil trial specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association and possessing more than 19 years of legal experience, Mr. Stevens has achieved considerable success advocating on behalf of injured and disabled workers, particularly those in the construction, meatpacking, manufacturing and health care industries. During the course of his career, he has secured numerous substantial verdicts and settlements for his plaintiff clients, and he has earned a membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
As further evidence of his success, Mr. Stevens has received several awards and honors from his peers, including Minnesota Lawyer's Attorney of the Year Award in 2014. He has also achieved Gold Level Member status with the Minnesota Association for Justice, and he has received "Superb" client ratings on Avvo.
A 2000 graduate of Luther College in Decorah, Iowa, Mr. Stevens obtained his Juris Doctor from William Mitchell College of Law (now Mitchell Hamline School of Law) in 2000. While there, he served as editor of the Hamline Journal of Public Law and Policy. He holds his license to practice in Wisconsin as well as Minnesota, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit.
A leader in his field, Mr. Stevens has served on the adjunct faculty at St. Mary's University, and he has worked with witnesses and other parties who have limited English-speaking capabilities on behalf of the Minnesota State Bar Association. He has also a member of the board of governors of the Minnesota Association for Justice.
- 30%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 40%Business Litigation
- 30%Workers' Compensation: Claimant
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2004, 2006 - 2009
Certificates and Credentials
- MSBA Board Certified Specialists
About Jeremy R. Stevens
First Admitted: 2000, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: http://www.birdjacobsen.com/attorneys/jeremy-stevens.html
Pro bono/Community Service
- 3rd District Ethics Committee, served two terms
- Chatfield Lions Club, President
- Minnesota Association for Justice, Board of Governors
- ACTLM - Academy of Certified Trial Lawyers of Minnesota, Board of Directors, 2016 - Present
- Wisconsin, 2018
- MSBA, Civil Litigation Governing Council 2016 - Present
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 2017
- Minnesota, 2000
- Super Lawyers: 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Attorneys of the Year, Minnesot Lawyer, 2014
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2016
- Adjunct Professor, St. Mary's University MBA Program, 2007 - Present
- Working in the Judicial System with Witnesses and Parties with Limited English Proficiency and Working with Interpreters, Minnesota State Bar Association, 2019
- Richey v. Magnuson, et al. A09-2224 (Minn. Ct. App., July 27, 2010)
- Mathew Halleck v. MMSI, Inc., 2011 WL 4531052 (Minn. Ct. App. Oct. 3, 2011)
- Patricia A. Smith v. Holy Family Church/Diocese of Winona, and Self-Insured/Berkley Risk Amin. Co., Appellants and Mayo Foundation, and HealthPartners, Intervenors, 2006 WL 1324485 (Minn.Work.Comp.Ct.App.) (March 30, 2006)
- Thomas G. Meyers v. Hearth Technologies, F/K/A Heat-N-Glo Fireplace Products, and Atlantic Mutual, Appellants and Mayo Foundation, and Noridian, Intervenors, 2006 WL 3463234 (Minn.Work.Comp.Ct.App.) (October 27, 2006)
- Brent Gora v. Winona Heating & Ventilation and Liberty Mut. Ins. Co., 2003 MN Wrk. Comp. LEXIS 19 (January 27, 2003)
- Review denied Leonhardt v. Norton, 2004 Minn. LEXIS 286 (Minn., May 18, 2004)
- State Farm Fire & Cas. v. Aquila, Inc., 2005 Minn. LEXIS 521 (Minn., Aug. 24, 2005)
- Leonhardt v. Norton, 2004 Minn. App. LEXIS 245 (Minn. Ct. App., Mar. 16, 2004)
- Duxbury v. Spex Feeds, 2004 Minn. LEXIS 537 (Minn., Aug. 25,2004).
- Duxbury v. Spex Feeds, Inc., 681 N.W.2d 380, 2004 Minn. App. LEXIS 682 (Minn. Ct. App., 2004). Review denied
- Luther College, BA Political Science/Sociology, 1997
- Minnesota State Bar Association Certified Civil Trial Specialist, 2015
Last Updated: 5/15/2022