Top rated Family Law attorney in Rochester, MinnesotaFrieders & Kuhn, L.L.P.
A premier family law attorney at Frieders & Kuhn, L.L.P., in Rochester, Minnesota, Jill Frieders helps her clients through a tumultuous time in their lives, effectively handling matters that pertain to divorce, child custody, alimony, third-party custody, grandparents’ rights, parenting time, asset division and more. When it calls for it, she supports methods of collaborative law, including mediation and arbitration, and strives to see her clients envision a bright future for themselves.
With nearly four decades in the legal industry, Ms. Frieders got her start at the University of Minnesota Law School, where she received her Juris Doctor in 1984. Prior to her attending law school, she graduated from Ball State University in 1981, earning her a bachelor’s degree in political science. The same year she graduated law school was when she obtained her license to practice in Minnesota. Furthermore, she is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States.
With continual education a quintessential element of her practice, Ms. Frieders is always up to date on new ways to fortify her talents in advocacy. Certified as a family law trial advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, she also holds close affiliations with many prominent legal organizations within her legal community to find new ways to improve the service of her industry to her high standards, including:
· The American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
· The Minnesota State Bar Association (member of the Family Law Section)
· The Olmsted County Bar Association (member of the Family Law Section)
· The Hennepin County Bar Association
· The Minnesota Trial Lawyers Association
A compassionate individual, Ms. Frieders is fierce in her advocacy and fights to get her clients the relief they need to start their new lives with a solid foundation. Understanding the enormous stress her clients are under, she relieves their burden by taking on all their issues head on while comforting them throughout the lifetime of their case. For her tireless efforts, she has been rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell and holds a perfect “10.0” rating on Avvo, along with the site’s Clients’ Choice Award.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Marital Property
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 1984, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.friederslaw.com/jill-frieders
- Olmsted County Bar Association, 1990 to present (Treasurer 1995-1997; Chair of Family Law Section 1994-1996 and 2011 to present)
- Minnesota Supreme Court Appellate Rules Task Force
- Supreme Court Advisory Committee in the General Rules of Practice for theDistrict Courts, Committee Member, 2014
- United States Supreme Court
- Minnesota State Bar Association, 1984 to Present
- Minnesota Third Judicial District Ethics Committee, Chair from 2007 to 2010; Member 2000 to 2010
- Supreme Court Advisory Committee to review the Lawyer Discipline System,Committee Member, 2007
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 1993 to Present
- Commission on Judicial Selection, Third Judicial District Attorney Member, 2003-2010
- Legal Assistance of Olmsted County Board, Chair from 1998 to 2000, Board Member 1997 to 2001, Volunteer Attorney 1990 to Present
- Volunteer Attorney for Legal Services of Olmsted County
- Ball State University, 1980
- Partner in Justice Award, Legal Assistance of Olmsted County, 2002
- Avvo Rating 10, Avvo
- Super Lawyer, 2001-2022, Super Lawyer
- AV Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence, Av
- 2016 Volunteer of the Year, Legal Assistance of Olmsted County
- AV Peer Review Rated, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
Office location for Jill Frieders
2778 Commerce Drive NW
Rochester, MN 55901
- Super Lawyers: 1994, 1996 - 1998, 2001 - 2023