Mark W. Delehanty
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Rochester, MN
Attorney Mark W. Delehanty is a partner with the Klampe Law Firm LLC in Rochester, Minnesota. Certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association and possessing more than 32 years of legal experience, Mr. Delehanty focuses his practice on representing the rights and interests of clients throughout Minnesota and Wisconsin who have legal needs involving personal injury and employment law, including professionals who need assistance reviewing their employment contracts.
Along with maintaining a successful trial practice, Mr. Delehanty also holds certification as a civil mediator and arbitrator, and he has helped numerous individuals and business clients resolve their conflicts and reach favorable settlements without the need for extensive, time-consuming litigation. Recognized for his impeccable professionalism and outstanding legal abilities, Mr. Delehanty holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and he has earned many other awards and honors from his peers along with positive testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
Committed to providing quality legal counsel to those less fortunate in his community, Mr. Delehanty volunteers his time and legal services with various organizations in his area, and he serves on the Community Advisory Board of the Mayo Clinic Biobank and the Zoning and Planning Board of Haverhill Township. From his efforts, he has received the “Volunteer of the Year” award from Legal Assistance of Olmsted County as well as a North Star Attorney designation from the Minnesota State Bar Association.
Mr. Delehanty graduated with honors from St. John's University, and he lived in Peru for more than a year, where he volunteered to assist the impoverished residents of a Catholic parish. He then returned to the U.S. and attended the University of Minnesota Law School, where he obtained his Juris Doctor with honors in 1987. While pursuing his legal degree, Mr. Delehanty served as director of the school's Civil Rights Moot Court program, and he worked as a legal writing instructor.
He is admitted to practice before all state courts in Minnesota and Wisconsin, as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota. Active in his legal community, he is a former board member of the Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services organization, and he also maintains active memberships with the Minnesota State and Wisconsin State Bar Associations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 80%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 10%Employment & Labor: Employee
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- MSBA Board Certified Specialists
About Mark W. Delehanty
First Admitted: 1987, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.klampelawfirm.com/Our-Team/Mark-W-Delehanty.shtm...
- Board of Lawyers Professional Responsibility, Third District Ethics Committee, Past Member
- Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services, Former Board Member, 1998 - 2018
- Wisconsin State Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1988
- Wisconsin, 2014
- Minnesota, 1987
- St John's University, Collegeville, Minnesota, B.S., Honors: With Honors, Major: Government and Theology
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Juris Doctor, Honors: With Honors
- Law School: University of Minnesota 1987: With Honors
- Undergraduate: St. John's University, Collegeville MN 1983: With Honors
- High School: De la Salle, Minneapolis, MN 1975
- Civil Mediator and Arbitrator
- Civil Trial Specialist, Certified by MN State Bar Association
- Volunteer of the Year, Legal Assistance of Olmsted County
- North Star Attorney
- "Super Lawyer" - A recognition given to fewer than 5% of Minnesota Attorneys, 2007 - 2019
- Martindale Hubble "A-V Rated Attorney" - The highest ranking for legal ability and ethical practices
Pro bono/Community Service
- MSBA North Star Attorney, 2022
- Mayo Clinic Biobank Community Advisory Board
- Haverhill Township Zoning and Planning Board
- Twice voted "volunteer of the year" Legal Assistance of Olmsted County. Pro Bono representation of several community service organizations. Prior Service: Board Member Southeastern Minnesota Job Training Center
- Former Board Member MSBA Civil Litigation Section
- Former Member SMRLS Board (Legal Services)
- Member Haverhill Township Zoning And Planning Commission
Last Updated: 5/19/2022