Top Rated Business & Corporate Attorney in Shakopee, MN
Attorney Jim Conway is a shareholder at Jaspers, Moriarty & Wetherille, P.A., a law firm in Shakopee, Minnesota. Mr. Conway practices in areas including business, corporate management, contracts, debt collection, probate and estate litigation, real estate and general civil litigation. He serves clients in Scott County, Minnesota, and throughout the Twin Cities metropolitan area.
Outside of his law practice, Mr. Conway is heavily involved in his local and professional communities. He is chairman and sits on the board of directors of the Shakopee Chamber of Commerce, as well as various other boards. He is chairman of the Shakopee Chamber Foundation and a member of the Shakopee Rotary Club. He has also volunteered for juvenile justice programs and other causes.
In addition, Mr. Conway has provided legal commentary on media outlets, including Fox 9 News and Minnesota Public Radio. He has served as guest lecturer at the University of St. Thomas School of Law and has spoken on civil rights and constitutional topics at Minnesota high schools. Recognizing his accomplishments, the Minnesota Bar Association named him a “North Star Lawyer” several years in a row.
Mr. Conway graduated cum laude with majors in history and theology from Marquette University. He went on to graduate magna cum laude from the University of St. Thomas School of Law. He holds a license to practice law before all Minnesota state courts, the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit, the Minnesota Supreme Court and the Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community Tribal Court.
- 30%Family Law
- 20%Civil Litigation: Defense
- 20%Estate & Trust Litigation
Business Formation and Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Contracts, Business Organizations, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law
- Rising Stars: 2015, 2017 - 2022
About Jim Conway
First Admitted: 2010, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.jmwlaw.com/About/James-P-Conway.shtml
Pro bono/Community Service
- NorthStar lawyer, 2014 - Present
- Member of the Shakopee Rotary club
- Shakopee Chamber Foundation – Chairman
- Scott County Juvenile Justice Committee – Member
- Recognized as NorthStar Lawyer by Minnesota Bar Association for pro-bono service, 2016
- University of St. Thomas School of Law - Guest Lecturer
- Chairman of the Shakopee Chamber of Commerce, 2016
- Shakopee Chamber of Commerce – Chairman
- Presenter on constitutional and civil rights issues at Jordan HS, Prior Lake HS, and Shakopee HS
- Conduct outreach programming with local high school students and teachers concerning consumer laws and constitutional rights generally applicable to teenagers and young adults.
- Coach Prior Lake High School mock trial teams, 2017
- 2015, 2017-2019 Super Lawyers Rising Stars List
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- Minnesota Supreme Court
- Member Minnesota State Bar Association, 2010
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, Minnesota, J.D., Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- B.A. Marquette University cum laude
- Won contested eviction action, human rights act civil action, and Torrens proceeding subsequent resulting in the outsting of a former vendee on contract for deed from owner's property and title after default in the contract, 2019
- Successfully defended real estate developer from negligence liability claim made by contractor, 2019
- Successfully brokered agreement between multinational manufacturer and U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission in product safety recall, 2019
- In Re Minkel, 10-FA-18-20 (Carver Co., MN) Assisted grandparents in securing custody of their grandchild when biological parents both posed substantial safety risk to child due to drug use and instability, 2018
- Successfully defended multinational manufacturer in breach of contract suit, winning substantial money settlement on client's counterclaim and various injunctive relief furthing client's ongoing business interests, 2016
- In Re Marriage of Janet England and Michael England, 70-FA-07-4342 (Scott Co., MN) Served as receiver over debtor owing substantial spousal maintenance to ex-wife; collected $255,000 by finding and liquidating hidden assets and conducting extensive analysis to locate shell companies and secreted funds, 2020
- $1.3MM personal injury settlement for victim of car accident left with life altering disabilities, 2019
- Assisted client in multimillion dollar sale of land to residential real estate developer, 2019
- Helped broker sale of commercial fortune cookie manufacturing business and associated factory in Minneapolis, 2019
- Bohn Well Drilling, Inc. - advise local septic and sewer contractor on business matters and governance, employment issues, and civil litigation matters, 2020
- Knights of Columbus Student Loan Fund. Perform collections on delinquent student loan accounts.
- Bryan Rock Products, Inc. Materials supplier on whose behalf we perform contracts and collections work
- Cyber Power Systems (USA), Inc. Large electronics manufacturer to whom we are outside in house counsel and assist in contracts drafting and review, risk management and litigation.
- Electronics Manufacturing
- Real Estate
- Congratulations to JMW's #NicoleRaebel for her achievements as a Top Rated #EstatePlanningAttorney #ProbateAttorney… https://t.co/sLl7wZKLuX
- @bphof21 Mikko Koivu?
- Hey @Tabs3Software @CosmoLexLegal, your software is running soooooo slow the last couple days - what is going on? Is there a fix coming?
- @ktabke What a fantastic collaboration between @ShakopeeRotary @EricPrattMN and @BradTabke. We need more of this.
- Kevin and Dan talked with some great high school kids about careers in the law this morning! https://t.co/FnzOoZ4RZW
Last Updated: 5/15/2022