Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in St. Paul, MinnesotaAndrew Irlbeck Lawyer Chtd
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense, Civil Rights, DUI-DWI view more
Licensed in Minnesota since: 2011
Education: Hamline University School of Law
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
Andrew Irlbeck Lawyer Chtd332 Minnesota St
St. Paul, MN 55101 Phone: 612-986-3895 Email: Andrew Irlbeck Visit website
Andrew Irlbeck Lawyer, Chartered, is a law firm in Saint Paul, Minnesota, owned by attorney Andrew Irlbeck. Mr. Irlbeck practices civil rights and criminal defense law, representing clients throughout Minnesota. Andrew Irlbeck won Attorney of the Year from Minnesota Lawyer Magazine in 2021 for a criminal trial on the eve of the pandemic in 2020.
Mr. Irlbeck has been a licensed attorney since 2011 and has extensive experience successfully defending Minnesota residents in state and federal court. He understands how devastating a criminal charge or civil rights violation can be and is committed to providing dedicated representation to his clients.
A graduate of Mitchell Hamline School of Law, Mr. Irlbeck gained his initial legal experience interning for a federal district judge and clerking for a firm in St. Paul, Minnesota. He founded his own practice in 2011 and is admitted to practice law in Minnesota and Wisconsin as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Irlbeck has handled a wide variety of complex civil and criminal cases at the trial and appellate levels. He has also litigated federal constitutional tort matters. He has been involved in a number of high-profile matters, including a settlement involving a 6-year-old girl found dead and a lawsuit filed on behalf of an autistic teenager.
Outside of his practice, Mr. Irlbeck serves as an adjunct professor at Mitchell Hamline School of Law, teaching civil rights litigation. He is active in his legal community and belongs to the Minnesota State Bar Association and the State Bar of Wisconsin.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Civil Rights, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2011, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.irlbecklaw.com/attorney-profile/
- Andrew graduated with honors from the U of M in 2005 with a degree in cultural studies and critique, comparative literature, a minor in Spanish, and a host of 8000-9000 level graduate courses on cultural and political theory., 2005
- magna cum laude, magna cum laude, 2011
- Awarded Attorney of the Year., Attorney of the Year, Minnesota Lawyer Magazein, 2020
- Handled civil rights case pro bono at the request of the Federal Bar's Pro Se Project in the District of Minnesota., 2013
- Received Attorney of the Year Award for Pro Bono Serious Felony Criminal Trial (Not Guilty on All Counts), 2020
- Andrew regularly takes on pro bono clients with tough cases and little to no resources. These cases are selected on a special criteria of need, merit, time, and other factors., 2011
- Supervising attorneys on probation with Ethics Board, 2015
- Andrew Irlbeck played integral role in obtaining 1.5 Miliion Dollar Settlement in wrongful death case against Hennepin County for the Plaintiff. , 2018
- U.S. Dist. Ct. Dist. North Dakota Admission, 2020
- U.S. District Courts for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Western District of Wisconsin
- Federal Bar Association Civil Rights Division, 2017
- Ramsey County Bar Association, 2015
- Minnesota State Bar Association, 2012
- Adjunct Professor at Mitchell Hamline School of Law teaching civil rights litigation., 2017
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2014
- Street Law Guest Lecturer on Constitutional and Civil Rights , 2013
- Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2017
- Hennepin County Bar Association, 2017
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2021