Brian J. Clausen
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in St. Paul, MN
As an attorney at Clausen & Hassan, LLC, Brian J. Clausen is dedicated to serving clients in Saint Paul, Minnesota, and throughout the state. He focuses his practice on family law, generally handling cases that involve divorce, child custody, child and spousal support, complex asset and debt division, paternity, harassment and domestic abuse.
After earning a Bachelor of Arts from the University of St. Thomas, Minnesota, Mr. Clausen went on to attend the William Mitchell College of Law. From there, he received a Juris Doctor in 1998.
With more than 22 years of experience, Mr. Clausen understands the emotions and challenges that are often involved in family law cases. For that reason, he takes a personalized and compassionate approach with each of his clients. Mr. Clausen listens to their needs and goals, and then strives to help them achieve amicable resolutions to their legal issues, so that already difficult situations do not have to be more stressful. In order to best serve his clients, Mr. Clausen is admitted to practice law in the state of Minnesota as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota.
Beyond his work in the courtroom, Mr. Clausen is an active member of the legal community. He is a member of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, the Dakota County Bar Association, the Hennepin County Bar Association, the Minnesota State Bar Association and the Ramsey County Bar Association.
Community involvement is a priority for Mr. Clausen. He volunteers his services to Tubman and the Ramsey and Hennepin County volunteer mediation programs.
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2022
About Brian J. Clausen
First Admitted: 1998, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.clausen-hassan.com/people/brian-clausen/
- Family Law Mediator / Qualified Neutral Under Rule 114, Minnesota General Rules of Practice
Pro bono/Community Service
- Hamline University Paralegal Advisory Board Member
- Resource Center for Fathers & Families, Volunteer
- Tubman/Chrysalis Center, Volunteer
- Ramsey and Hennepin County Volunteer Mediation Programs
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, 1999
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Ramsey County Financial Early Neutral Evaluation Panel
- Minnesota, 1998
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Dakota County Bar Association
- University of St. Thomas, Saint Paul, Minnesota, B.A.
- Leroy v. Leroy, 600 N.W.2d 729 (Minn. App 1999)
- Client's Choice Award, Avvo, 2015
- Tubman Firm of the Year, 2010
- Protecting Non-Marital Claims Sooner Rather Than Later in Minnesota: If you have a non… https://t.co/03KPcO2xRR
- What is a “Right of First Refusal”?: When parents are discussing parenting time schedules… https://t.co/ZUHSjkqdjE
- Property Division: Anniversary Rings and Upgrades Made During Marriage: In Minnesota… https://t.co/mNxnxVj4Sr
- Who Gets The Engagement Ring In A Minnesota Divorce?: An engagement ring is typically a… https://t.co/nMLZc2cK37
- My Spouse Is Not Represented By An Attorney, But I Am. What Does This Mean For My Divorce… https://t.co/nGPuISDlol
Last Updated: 5/15/2022