Paul J. Gatto
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in St. Paul, MN
- Free Consultation
Paul J. Gatto is an attorney, major shareholder and co-founder at Swor & Gatto P. A. in St. Paul, Minnesota. Mr. Gatto has several decades of experience in personal injury law and handles cases involving animal bites, auto accidents, brain injuries, product liability, wrongful death and more. He represents clients throughout the Twin Cities metropolitan area, including the counties of Hennepin, Ramsey, Dakota and Washington.
Mr. Gatto received his bachelor’s degree from the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, and earned his law degree from Mitchell Hamline School of Law where he graduated with honors. He is admitted to practice in the state courts of Minnesota as well as the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Before co-founding Swor & Gatto P. A., Mr. Gatto gained valuable litigation experience in the areas of both criminal defense and personal injury. Over the course of his career, he has both tried and settled many significant cases.
Actively involved with fostering legal interests of the younger generation, Mr. Gatto and his wife sponsor a scholarship at Mitchell Hamline School of Law for students interested in the study of law. He is also an active supporter of facilities in the Twin Cities, such as Ascension Catholic School, Casa Jacinta y Francisco Orphanage and Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota.
Mr. Gatto is involved with several professional organizations, including the Minnesota Association for Justice and the American Association for Justice. He is also chairman of the advisory board for the dean of Mitchell Hamline School of Law, engages in pro bono work on a regular basis and is a member of the Silver Gavel Honor Society.
About Paul J. Gatto
First Admitted: 1976, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://sworgatto.com/paul-j-gatto/
- Sustaining Member, American Association for Justice (formerly the ATLA)
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
- Minnesota Supreme Court
- Member, Minnesota Association for Justice
- United States Supreme Court
- University of St. Thomas, B.A.
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer, Casa Jacinta y Francisco Orphanage
- Volunteer, Ascension School
- Volunteer, Children’s Hospital
- Highest ratings from Martindale- Hubble
- Member, Silver Gavel Honor Society, Hamline University School of Law
- Named a Super Lawyer
- Chairman, Advisory Board for the Dean of the Hamline University School of Law
- A 1 Million Dollar settlement for an eighteen year old man who suffered a traumatic brain injury (who currently is a fully employed college graduate)
- A 450 Thousand Dollar settlement for a 50 year old woman who suffered a fractured leg in a snowmobile crash
- A 1 Million Dollar settlement for the wrongful death of a 4 year old child
- A 1.3 Million Dollar award for the death of an 88 year old woman
- A 3.6 Million Dollar award for the wrongful death of a retired 60 year old woman
Last Updated: 10/4/2022