Shelly D. Rohr
Top rated family law attorney in St. Paul, MinnesotaWolf, Rohr, Gemberling & Allen, P.A.
Any legal issue potentially challenges someone’s relationships, finances and overall future. Shelly D. Rohr has spent more than 30 years focusing exclusively on helping families through complicated, high-asset divorces, paternity matters, custody disputes, domestic abuse and prenuptial agreements, among other family law cases. She is a founding shareholder at Wolf, Rohr, Gemberling & Allen, P.A., in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
Ms. Rohr is a client advocate in the truest sense of the word. She recognizes what is at stake for each person she represents because she takes the time to understand his or her situation. When she takes on a case, she commits to overseeing the matter from start to finish. Along the way, she makes sure her clients are well-informed on how matters are progressing and where they stand.
In litigation or in settlement negotiations, Ms. Rohr remains focused on the outcome that best sets her clients up for success. Her results-oriented approach and exceptional customer service are why she has earned the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Ms. Rohr is a member of the Dakota County Bar Association, the Ramsey County Bar Association and the Minnesota State Bar Association. She also volunteers her time and talents to a number of local organizations.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily law, Alternative dispute resolution, Appellate
Alimony & spousal support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Same sex family law, Mediation, Appeals
- 80% Family law
- 10% Alternative dispute resolution
- 10% Appellate
First Admitted: 1991, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.mnfamilylaw.com/about/our-attorneys/shelly-d-roh...
- Member of the Minnesota State Bar Association
- Member of the Dakota County Bar Association
- Mock Trial Judge for MSBA, 2020
- Volunteer Attorney Legal Assistance of Dakota County, Ltd. , 2021
- American Mock Trial Association Judge, 2022
- Member of Ramsey County Bar Association.
- Client Distinction Award in 2015(Lawyers.com).
- Recognized for excellence: quality of service, overall value, responsiveness and communication ability., Client Distinction Award, Martindale-Hubbell, 2015
- Super Lawyers since 2000 and has been named a Top 100 Women Minnesota Super Lawyers
- Highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards as earned through a strenuous peer review rating process., AV Preeminent Lawyer, Martindale-Hubbell, 2021
- Membership is an exclusive honor and extended to less than 1% of all attorneys. This is an impartial organization with a third-party rating firm., Top Attorney List, America's Best Attorneys, 2021
- William Mitchell College of Law (1991)
- Undergraduate degree - University of Wisconsin River Falls. Double major in Political Science and Broadcast Journalism., 1987
- Successfully argued the interpretation of an antenuptial contract in a complex non-marital tracing case relating to a dissolution of marriage in Minnesota. Said interpretation was upheld by the South Dakota Supreme Court in Charlson v. Charlson, 892 N.W.2d 903 (SD 2017)., 2017
- Webinar presenter- Minnesota's Cohabitation Statute and the Modification of Spousal Maintenance, 2020
- Instructor at the Family Law Workshop for Paralegals: Handling Financial Issues at a Higher Level. Seminar Sponsor: HalfMoon Education Inc., 2014
- Presenter at the 2017 Family Law Institute Judicial Officer only Track. The "Grey" Divorce., 2017
- Council member and Vice President of church council , 2022
- Volunteer Attorney for Legal Assistance of Dakota County, 2021
- Served on the Board of Hastings Family Service (executive board and served on finance committee).
- Volunteer Hennepin County Limited Scope Attorney, 2022
- Rule 114 Qualified Neutral, 2022
- Legal counsel and board advisor to BZ Sciences, LLC (a/k/a Minny Grown), 2022
Office location for Shelly D. Rohr
400 North Robert Street
St. Paul, MN 55101
- Super Lawyers: 2000 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 1998 - 1999