William G. Jungbauer
Top Rated Transportation & Maritime Attorney in St. Paul, MN
Attorney William G. Jungbauer is president and senior partner of Yaeger & Jungbauer Barristers, PLC, where he devotes his practice to railroad law. From his office in St. Paul, Minnesota, he represents injured railroad workers nationwide in cases under the Federal Employers Liability Act, or FELA.
A summa cum laude graduate of St. Mary's University of Minnesota, Mr. Jungbauer earned his law degree from the University of Minnesota Law School. He is licensed to practice in several state and federal courts throughout the country, and has been admitted to appear before the Supreme Court of the United States since 1981.
A lawyer for almost 40 years, Mr. Jungbauer has been involved in numerous significant cases. He is board-certified as a civil trial specialist by both the Minnesota State Bar Association and the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
Recognized for his professionalism and hard work, Mr. Jungbauer received the highest possible rating of AV Preeminent* from the peer review service Martindale-Hubbell. He has also been named in "The Best Lawyers in America" each year, since the publication has included a category for railroad law.
Mr. Jungbauer has lectured extensively and authored several articles on railroad law topics. He is a member of organizations, including the American Bar Association, American Association for Justice and the National College of Advocacy. He is the co-author of "Train Accident Reconstruction and FELA & Railroad Litigation," a four-volume work that is one of the most influential legal texts on its subject.
In his years in practice, Mr. Jungbauer has held a variety of leadership roles for local and national organizations, including the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen and the Academy of Rail Labor Attorneys.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Railroad Accident, Transportation Law, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury
- Super Lawyers: 1999, 2006 - 2022
About William G. Jungbauer
First Admitted: 1978, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: http://www.yjblaw.com/attorneys/william-g-jungbauer/
- Co-author of Train Accident Reconstruction and FELA and Railroad Litigation
- Contributing author to Assessing Family Loss in Wrongful Death Litigation
- Lectured, IARP, International Association of Rehabilitation Professionals, 2001
- Lectured, Western Economic Association International on calculation of wrongful death damages
- Lectured, University of Minnesota School of Social Science
- Lectured, University of Montana Law School
- Lectured, University of Toledo, Liability and Damages claims in FELA litigation
- Lectured, Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA) national meetings for national CLE credit, July 2002: ATLA Meeting, Atlanta Georgia: "Railroad Tampering with Evidence and Witnesses"
- Lectured, Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA), May 2003: ATLA Meeting, "Valuation of Services in Wrongful Death cases"
- Lectured, Academy of Rail Labor Attorneys (ARLA) national meetings for national CLE credit, May, 2012, ARLA 23rd Annual Meeting, Washington, DC
- Lectured, Academy of Rail Labor Attorneys (ARLA) national meetings for national CLE credit, May 2002: ARLA Annual Convention St. Thomas, B.V.I.: "Compliance Programs for FELA Attorneys"
- Lectured, May 2002: ARLA Annual Convention St. Thomas, B.V.I.: Cross Examination of Defense Rehabilitation Experts Using Codes of Ethics, Academy of Rail Labor Attorneys (ARLA) national meetings for national CLE credit
- Chairman, BLET DLC Ethics Compliance Committee
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, August 30, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, June 30, 1986
- U.S. District Court, District of Montana, February 21, 1992
- Supreme Court, State of Colorado, December 29, 1993
- Past National Chairman, Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers Designated Legal Counsel, (BLE- DLC)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas, October 4, 1999
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, October 11, 1978
- United States Supreme Court, November 30, 1981
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois, March 20, 1990
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, November 9, 1993
- Elected United States Electoral College, State of Minnesota, 1972
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois, August 20, 1999
- Supreme Court, State of Minnesota, September 29, 1978
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit, March 26, 1980
- Supreme Court, State of Wisconsin, April 24, 1989
- Supreme Court, State of Montana, May 13, 1993
- Past National Chairman and current member, Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Railroad Law Section
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, July 26, 1994
- St. Mary’s College, Winona, MN, B.A. Political Science/History, 1971-75, summa cum laude
- Best Lawyers in America in Railroad Law
- Highest possible peer review lawyer rating-preeminent by Martindale Hubbell
- "Super Lawyer" in State of Minnesota
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board of Trustees, St. Mary's University, Winona, MN
- Past National Chairman, Board Member and current member, Academy of Rail Labor Attorneys (ARLA)
- Sheet Metal Workers Union, Member
- Rotary International Scholar, Edinburgh University, Edinburgh, Scotland, 1974-75
- Norfolk & Western RR v. Ayers
- CSX v. McBride
- Largest FRSA Whistlblower jury verdict in History, May, 2016, Seattle, WA. USDC, Western District of WA $1,600,000 verdict, $75,000 final offer pretrial by RR
- Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist by National Board of Trial Advocacy, 1993
- Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist by Minnesota State Bar Association, 1990
- AAJ Railroad Law Section Past National Chairman
- Academy Of Rail Labor Attorneys ARLA- Past National President
- Martindale Hubbell Lawyer Rating Service Rating Of 5.0 Out Of 5.0
- National Board Of Trial Advocacy- NBTA Board Certified As Civil Trial Specialist
- Past National Chairman Of Brotherhood Of Locomotive Engineers Designated Legal Counsel
- Proud to again have been named a National Tier 1 RR Law Firm by @BestLawyers and @usnews
- The @USDOTFRA has withdrawn proposed rulemaking from 2016 that would have set a mandatory crew size on freight & pa… https://t.co/vmOq2F8I54
- Congratulations to YJB Attorney @CBowman84, who (along with co-counsel Michael Boulette from @BTLawNews and Jennean… https://t.co/iWlxSOVIYc
- "FRSA litigation is highly specialized and Wooten's attorneys [at Yaeger & Jungbauer] have risen to national promin… https://t.co/W7cr8Ha3TS
Last Updated: 5/15/2022