Dana T. Kinsella
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Stillwater, MinnesotaKinsella and Foley Defense, PLLC
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense, DUI-DWI; view more
Licensed in Minnesota since: 2010
Education: Hamline University School of Law
Kinsella and Foley Defense, PLLC6143 N Osgood Ave N
Stillwater, MN 55082 Visit website
Attorney Dana T. Kinsella is a founder of Kinsella and Foley Defense, PLLC, located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Mr. Kinsella focuses his practice on criminal defense, serving clients in the Twin Cities and throughout Minnesota in matters involving assault, disorderly conduct, drug crimes, DUI, traffic offenses, weapons crimes and other criminal offenses.
Mr. Kinsella earned a bachelor’s degree in political science and vocal performance from St. John’s University and received his law degree from Mitchell Hamline School of Law. He has been licensed to practice law since 2010. Before founding his practice, he served as a certified student attorney for the public defender offices of Carver and Ramsey counties and practiced at a Minneapolis-based criminal defense firm.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Kinsella has received several honors and awards. He was named one of the “10 best attorneys” in client satisfaction by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys in 2017, 2018 and 2019 was named one of the “Top 10 under 40” by the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. He was also named one of the “Top 100 trial lawyers” by the National Trial Lawyers. Finally, Mr. Kinsella has been named a Super Lawyer Rising Star every year since 2018. This award is an honor reserved for the top two percent of practicing attornies under the age of 40 in the state of Minnesota.
Mr. Kinsella is an active member of several professional organizations. He belongs to the Hennepin County Bar Association, the Dakota County Bar Association, the Washington County Bar Association, the Minnesota State Bar Association and the Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He is active in several national organizations, including the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys and the National College for DUI Defense.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, DUI/DWI, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Traffic Violations
- 60% Criminal Defense
- 40% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
First Admitted: 2010, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: http://www.defendingmn.com/dana-t-kinsella/
- Lead Counsel Verified
- Dana Kinsella was selected as a TOP 10 Under 40 for Minnesota in 2016. Ten attorneys under the age of 40 are selected from each state through a "multi-phase selection process". According to the NACDA "The attorneys who make the NACDA TOP 10 Under 40 list must first be nominated by a licensed attorney or one of our in-house research staff members, and then our research staff verifies that they meet the minimum requirements of membership." "Fifty of the nominated attorneys are chosen to advance to the final selection stage by our Selection Committee, and then our Board of Governors officially selects the TOP 10 Under 40 in each state.", Top 10 Under 40 Attorney in Minnesota, National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorney's, Inc., 2016
- Selected by American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys as Ten Best Attorneys in Client Satisfaction, 2017
- Dana Kinsella is an active participant in volunteering his time with the Dakota County Criminal Defense Panel, the Hennepin County Criminal Defense Panel and the MSBA LRIS Lawyer Referral Rotation. , 2016
- Dana Kinsella is a member of the Dakota County Bar Association., 2016
- Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Dana Kinsella is a member of the Minnesota State Bar Association., 2016
- Dana Kinsella is a member of the Washington County Bar Association, 2016
- The National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Dana Kinsella is a member of the Hennepin County Bar Association., 2016
- The National College for DUI Defense
Office location for Dana T. Kinsella
6143 N Osgood Ave N
Stillwater, MN 55082
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2023