David K. Cody
Top rated personal injury attorney in Vadnais Heights, MinnesotaThe Cody Law Group, Chtd.
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Workers' compensation; view more
Licensed in Minnesota since: 1978
Education: William Mitchell College of Law
The Cody Law Group, Chtd.359 Commerce Court
Vadnais Heights, MN 55127 Visit website
Attorney David K. Cody is a member of the Cody Law Group located in Vadnais Heights, Minnesota. A top-rated trial advocate with 40 years of legal experience, Mr. Cody devotes his practice to personal injury, wrongful death and workers’ compensation claims. Over the course of his career, he has helped thousands of clients secure the full amount of compensation they deserve for the injuries and losses they sustained as the result of a workplace accident or because of someone else’s negligent, careless or unlawful actions.
Certified as a civil trial specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association and board-certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, Mr. Cody is fully committed to his practice and to ensuring that he does all he can to help his plaintiff clients recover the maximum amount of damages for their injuries and losses as well as for their pain and suffering.
Treating all of his clients with the compassion and dignity they deserve, Mr. Cody has become a trusted source of quality representation to many across his region, and he finds great reward in being able to affect positive changes in the lives of those he serves.
Recognized for his dedication to his clients and his unprecedented success as a trial advocate, Mr. Cody has earned numerous awards and honors, and Minnesota Law & Politics magazine has voted him among the Top 40 attorneys in the state for personal injury over the past several years.
A 1974 honors graduate of the University of St. Thomas, Minnesota, Mr. Cody obtained his Juris Doctor with honors from William Mitchell College of Law (now Mitchell Hamline School of Law) in 1978 and his license to practice from the Minnesota State Bar Association that same year.
Regarded as a leader in his field, Mr. Cody helped co-author the Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Deskbook, and he routinely conducts continuing legal education seminars across his region on a variety of topics. He is also an active member of the Academy of Certified Trial Lawyers of Minnesota.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Workers' compensation: claimant
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws
- 80% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 20% Workers' compensation: claimant
First Admitted: 1978, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.codylawgroup.com/attorney/david-k-cody/
- MN Super Lawyer, 2000- to 2022 Top 100---7 times , Minnesota SuperLawyers
- Leading Minnesota Attorneys, American Research Corporation
- One of the Top 100 attorneys in all areas of practice in the State of Minnesota, Minnesota Law & Politics magazine
- Minnesota Academy of Certified Trial Lawyers, Member
- One of the Top 40 Personal Injury Attorneys in the State of Minnesota, Minnesota Law & Politics magazine
- Alexander Ramsey High School, 1970
- College of St. Thomas, B.A., Major: Political Science, Honors: With Honors, 1974
- American Arbitration Association, Arbitrator
- Board-Certified Civil Trial Specialist, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Certified Civil Trial Specialist, Minnesota State Bar Association
- Co-author, Minnesota Workers' Compensation Deskbook
Office location for David K. Cody
359 Commerce Court
Vadnais Heights, MN 55127
- Super Lawyers: 1997, 1999 - 2023
Top ListsTop 100: Minnesota Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2009, 2019 - 2023
- Top 100: 2023 Minnesota Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2022 Minnesota Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2021 Minnesota Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2020 Minnesota Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2019 Minnesota Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2009 Minnesota Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2008 Minnesota Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2007 Minnesota Super Lawyers
Certificates and credentials