Matthew D. McDougall
Top Rated General Litigation Attorney in Waconia, MN
A partner at Melchert Hubert Sjodin based in Waconia, Minnesota, Matthew D. McDougall handles a wide variety of civil litigation matters for his individual and business clients throughout the state. Admitted to practice before all Minnesota state courts since 2012, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota.
Mr. McDougall majored in criminology at Kansas State University and received a Bachelor of Science in 2005. After taking firefighting and other emergency management systems courses at a community college, he decided to pursue a legal education and enrolled at what was then known at William Mitchell College of Law. While he was there, Mr. McDougall participated in the Rosalie E. Wahl Moot Court Competition and served an externship with a judge on the Second Judicial District in Ramsey County before being awarded his Juris Doctor cum laude in 2012.
Mr. McDougall's civil trial experience has encompassed breach of contract actions and other business disputes, construction law, noncompete agreements, will contests, breaches of their fiduciary duties by executors and trustees, trust enforcement, and guardianships and conservatorships. He has also handled matters dealing with commercial and residential real estate, including boundary disputes, landlord-tenant actions, easements, evictions and unlawful detainers. Mr. McDougall has additionally represented municipalities across the state in cases involving property taxes, assessment appeals and annexations.
Mr. McDougall joined Melchert Hubert Sjodin as an associate in January 2013 and became a partner five years later. He is a former president of District Eight of the Minnesota State Bar Association, and he stays abreast of current developments in his practice areas through his memberships in other professional groups. Active in his community as well, he has served on the board of the Carver County Historical Society.
About Matthew D. McDougall
First Admitted: 2012, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.mhslaw.com/attorneys/matthew-d-mcdougall/
- Member, Rosalie E. Wahl Moot Court Team, William Mitchell College of Law
Pro bono/Community Service
- Secretary and Board Member, Carver County Historical Society
- Former Member, Hutchinson Economic Development Finance Team
- Former member, Hutchinson Jaycees
- Secretary, Waconia/West Carver Rotary
- Past Attorney Coach, Mock Trial
- Past President, Eighth District Bar Association
- Past Secretary, Eighth District Bar Association
- Past Vice President, Eighth District Bar Association
- McLeod County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- Kansas State University, B.S. in Criminology
Last Updated: 9/28/2022