Richard D. O'Dea
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in White Bear Lake, MN
Selected to Rising Stars: 1999, 2001 - 2002, 2005
Attorney Richard D. O'Dea is the founder and managing attorney of the O'Dea Law Firm, LLC, located in White Bear Lake, Minnesota. An award-winning trial lawyer with over 30 years of legal experience, Mr. O'Dea's practice is exclusively devoted to the handling of personal injury and insurance litigation claims. He has achieved notable success advocating on behalf of those suffering as the result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
Along with handling all types of tortious claims arising from motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, liquor liability, insurance coverage disputes and work-related accidents, Mr. O'Dea also has extensive experience handling small business and contract disputes, general civil litigation, and appeals. A native of the St. Paul area, Mr. O'Dea has a genuine concern for helping those in need across his community while making his area a safe and welcoming environment for all.
Throughout his career, Mr. O'Dea has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and awards for his plaintiff clients, earning his membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. In all cases, he treats his clients with compassion and dignity as he works tirelessly to ensure they receive the maximum amount of compensation they deserve. Recognized for his success and commitment to his clients, Mr. O'Dea has earned praise from both his clients and peers alike, making him one of Minnesota's top-rated trial advocates.
After completing studies at the University of Notre Dame, Mr. O'Dea earned his Bachelor of Science in government from St. John’s University in 1988. He then attended Hamline University School of Law (now Mitchell Hamline School of Law), where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1991.
The Minnesota State Bar Association admitted him to practice that same year, and the State Bar of Wisconsin admitted him in 1997. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota as well as U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin.
Active in his legal community, Mr. O'Dea is a member of the Minnesota Association for Justice, the Minnesota State Bar Association and State Bar of Wisconsin. He currently serves as arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association's No-Fault Panel, and he previously served as an investigator for the Second Judicial District Ethics Committee in Ramsey County.
- 90%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%General Litigation
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Litigation
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 1999, 2001 - 2002, 2005
Certificates and Credentials
- MSBA Board Certified Specialists
About Richard D. O'Dea
First Admitted: 1991, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.odealawfirm.com/attorney-profile/
- Second Judicial District (Ramsey County) Ethics Committee, Former Investigator
- American Arbitration Association No-Fault Panel, Arbitrator
- Wisconsin Federal Bar (Western District) – Admitted on June 19, 2007
- Wisconsin Bar – Admitted on June 18, 1997
- Minnesota Federal Bar – Admitted on November 25, 1991
- Arbitrator - American Arbitration Association No-Fault Panel
- Minnesota Bar – Admitted on October 25, 1991
- Member - Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member - Minnesota Association for Justice
- Member - Minnesota State Bar Association
- Ge Lee v. McWillie Hunt, 642 N.W.2d 57 (Minn. Ct. App. 2002)
- West Bend Mutual Insurance Co. v. Allstate Insurance Company, et al., 776 N.W.2d 693 (Minn. 2009)
- State Fund Mutual Insurance Co., et al. v. Jack Mead, et al., 691 N.W.2d 495 (Minn. Ct. App. 2004)
- Minnesota Rising Stars 2005
- Minnesota Super Lawyers 2005 - 2018
- AV Peer Review Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- St. John's University, Collegeville, MN - B.S., 1988
- Rich O'Dea named to 2018 Minnesota Super Lawyers List! - https://t.co/OTVVxmLNMA
- Who do you want to determine reasonable compensation for your negligently caused injuries - politicians or your fel… https://t.co/JvDDM8upEj
- Rich O'Dea named to 2017 Minnesota Super Lawyers List! - https://t.co/j6fBMUSiYO
- Playgrounds Aren't Always All Fun and Games https://t.co/LL4qYjxIro
Last Updated: 5/15/2022