Gerald O. Williams
Top rated Family Law attorney in Woodbury, MinnesotaWilliams Divorce & Family Law, P.A.
Practice Areas: Family Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution; view more
Licensed in Minnesota since: 1992
Education: University of Minnesota Law School
Williams Divorce & Family Law, P.A.652 Bielenberg Drive
Woodbury, MN 55125 Visit website
Gerald O. Williams is the founder of the law firm Williams Divorce & Family Law, P.A., located in Woodbury, Minnesota. Concentrating his practice on family law matters, Gerald takes on cases such as divorce, child custody, child support, paternity, third-party custody, same sex divorce, LGBTQIA family law and interstate and international child support and custody.
With a genuine concern for his clients and a dedication to helping those who need it the most, Mr. Williams has immense experience handling interstate and international family law matters. In addition to being a seasoned litigator in the courtroom, he is a thorough and tireless advocate when using alternative dispute resolution methods such as mediation and collaborative law.
Mr. Williams is actively involved in the legal field and has memberships in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and the Family Law Section of the Minnesota Association for Justice. In years past he has served as an Ethics Committee Investigator for Hennepin County Bar Association, as vice president and board member for the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, and as a member of the Collaborative Law Institute of Minnesota. Mr. Williams is a former chair of the Family Law Section of the Minnesota Association for Justice and is a family law columnist for the Minnesota Association for Justice magazine. He has a 10 out of 10 rating on Avvo for his remarkable work in the family law arena, and has been named a Superlawyer every year since 2006.
Jerry earned his Juris Doctor cum laude from the University of Minnesota Law School and is licensed to practice in the state of Minnesota. He is an avocational musician, having graduated with honors, earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in music from The College of Wooster.
In addition to his law practice, Jerry enjoys tennis, church music, composing and arranging music, singing in Spirit Song Choir, and serving as a board member and music director for Open Door Community Theatre. Jerry and his wife, Winnie, are active supporters of the Open Cupboard and Today’s Harvest food shelves.
Practice areasFamily Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution
Alimony & Spousal Support, Arbitration, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Father's Rights, Marital Property, Mediation, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 90% Family Law
- 10% Alternative Dispute Resolution
First Admitted: 1992, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://divorcelawyermn.com/attorney-gerald-williams/
- , Super Lawyer, 2006 – present
- 1997-Present, Minnesota Association for Justice, Past Chair, Family Law Section, Current Member, Current Columnist
- 2000-present, Minnesota Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Former Vice President and Board Member, Current Member
- Former Board Member, Hennepin County Bar Association Ethics Committee
- Federal, 1994
- Minnesota, 1992
- Family Law Report, Recurring Columnist, www.divorcelawyermn.com/docs/recentrulings.html, Minnesota Association For Justice Magazine
- Presented at the 2019 Family Law Institute in St. Paul, Minnesota., Presenter, Negotiating and Mediating Child Support Under the New Guidelines, Family Law Institute, 2019
- Temporary order reunites mother, child after 10 years
- B.A. in Music, with honors, College of Wooster, 1988
- Spirit Song Choir, member, occasional accompanist, 2019-23, 2023
- Open Door Community Theatre, Godspell, Music Director, 2023
- Open Door Community Theatre, Little Mermaid, Orchestra Director, 2022
- Open Door Community Theatre, Shrek, Orchestra Director, 2019
- Woodbury Community Theatre, 1993 -2018, Music director, Orchestra director, Cast member, Crew
- Member, Woodbury Baptist Church Costa Rica Mission Team, 2012
- American Academy Of Matrimonial Lawyers (MN Chapter)
- MN Association For Justice
- MN State Bar Association
Office location for Gerald O. Williams
652 Bielenberg Drive
Woodbury, MN 55125
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 1998