Gerald O. Williams
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Woodbury, MN
Selected to Rising Stars: 1998
Gerald O. Williams is the founder of the law firm Williams Divorce & Family Law located in Woodbury, Minnesota. Concentrating his focus on family law matters, he takes on cases such as divorce, child custody, child support, paternity, third-party custody, LGBTQIA family law and interstate and international child support and custody.
With a genuine concern for his clients and a dedication to helping those who need it the most, Mr. Williams has immense experience handling interstate and international family law matters. In addition to being a tenacious litigator in the courtroom, he is a zealous and tireless advocate when using alternative dispute resolution methods such as mediation and collaboration.
Fighting aggressively for the rights and liberties of his clients, Mr. Williams goes the extra mile for his clients. Graduating with honors, he has a Bachelor of Arts degree in music from The College of Wooster. He earned his Juris Doctor cum laude from the University of Minnesota Law School and is licensed to practice in the state of Minnesota.
Mr. Williams is actively involved in the legal field and has memberships in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and the Family Law Section of the Minnesota Association for Justice, for which he served as the past chair. He was a former member of the Collaborative Law Institute of Minnesota and a former Ethics Committee Investigator at the Hennepin County Bar Association. He served as the former vice president of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers’ Minnesota Chapter.
Mr. Williams frequently writes about important family law topics and is a columnist at the Minnesota Association for Justice magazine. In addition to his law practice, he enjoys tennis, church music, composing and arranging music, and participating in Open Door Community Theatre. He has a 10 out of 10 rating on Avvo for his remarkable work in the family law arena.
- 90%Family Law
- 10%Alternative Dispute Resolution
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights, Arbitration, Mediation
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 1998
About Gerald O. Williams
First Admitted: 1992, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://divorcelawyermn.com/attorney-gerald-williams/
- Family Law Report, Recurring Columnist, www.divorcelawyermn.com/docs/recentrulings.html, Minnesota Association For Justice Magazine
- Presented at the 2019 Family Law Institute in St. Paul, Minnesota., Presenter, Negotiating and Mediating Child Support Under the New Guidelines, Family Law Institute, 2019
- "Super Lawyer", 2006 – present
- Temporary order reunites mother, child after 10 years
- B.A. in Music, with honors, College of Wooster, 1988
- Past Board Member, Hennepin County Bar Association Ethics Committee
- Minnesota Association for Justice, Past Chair, Family Law Section
- Past Board Member, Minnesota Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Past Vice President, Past Treasurer, Past Board Member, AAML Minnesota
- Federal, 1994
- Fellow, International Academy of Family Lawyers
- Minnesota, 1992
- Minnesota Association for Justice, Past Member, Board of Governors
Pro bono/Community Service
- Music Director, Woodbury Community Theatre, 2002-Present
- Orchestra Director, Legally Blonde, 2017, Woodbury Community Theatre.
- Music Director, Annie, 2002, Woodbury Community Theatre.
- Music Director, The King and I, 2006, Woodbury Community Theatre.
- Music Director, Putting It Together, 2013, Woodbury Community Theatre.
- Music Director, Miracle on 34th Street, 2015, Woodbury Community Theatre.
- Music Director, Spamalot, 2017, Woodbury Community Theatre.
- Member, Woodbury Baptist Church Costa Rica Mission Team, 2012
- Music Director, Amahl and the Night Visitors, 2004, 2010, Woodbury Community Theatre.
- Music Director, A Christmas Carol, 2011, 2014, Woodbury Community Theatre.
- Music Director, Les Miserables, 2015, Woodbury Community Theatre.
- Music Director, Mary Poppins, 2016, Woodbury Community Theatre
- Member, Woodbury Baptist Church Costa Rica Mission Team, 2008
- Pianist, Nunsense II, The Second Coming, 2018, Woodbury Community Theatre.
- Music Director, Godspell, 2003, Woodbury Community Theatre.
- Music Director, Sing We Now of Christmas, 2007, Woodbury Community Theatre.
- Member, Cherokee Park United Church, 2016-present.
- Music Director, A Little Night Music, 2016, Woodbury Community Theatre.
- American Academy Of Matrimonial Lawyers (MN Chapter)
- International Academy Of Family Lawyers
- MN Association For Justice
- MN State Bar Association
Last Updated: 5/17/2022