Top rated class action & mass torts attorney in Jackson, MississippiCosmich Simmons & Brown, PLLC
Practice Areas: Class action & mass torts, Construction litigation, Environmental litigation; view more
Licensed in Mississippi since: 2000
Education: Lewis & Clark Law School
Cosmich Simmons & Brown, PLLC100 Vision Dr
Jackson, MS 39211 Visit website
Attorney Clif Jefferis serves clients from the Jackson, Mississippi, office of the legal firm Cosmich Simmons & Brown, PLLC, which has multiple offices throughout the state and in Arizona, Kentucky, Louisiana and Michigan. He represents clients across Mississippi and from around the country, helping them with legal matters such as:
- Class actions
- Product liability
- Mass and toxic tort
- Personal injury claims
- Environmental litigation
- Chemical and mold exposure
- Asbestos exposure
Skilled in handling civil litigation cases, Mr. Jefferis identifies and develops powerful defense strategies, taking into consideration the complex legal, technical, medical and scientific issues that come up in personal injury and exposure claims. He also has extensive experience working with expert witnesses. Representing a diverse clientele, he often works with contractors, building owners, retailers and manufacturers.
Graduating cum laude with a bachelor’s from Millsaps College, Mr. Jefferis worked as an environmental consultant for several years before pursuing a career in law. In 1996 he entered Lewis & Clark Law School. While there, he was a member Phi Delta Phi legal honor society and an associate editor for the Animal Law Review. He was also the recipient of the Natural Resources Law Scholarship.
Earning his Juris Doctor in 1999, Mr. Jefferis was admitted to practice the following year in Mississippi, and later in Alabama (2001) and Texas (2017). His other bar admissions include the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th and 5th Circuits.
Recognized for his professional achievements in the legal field, Mr. Jefferis has been peer-review rated as AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell. Active in several legal organizations, he maintains memberships with the Defense Research Institute and the Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association, and is a Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasClass action/mass torts: defense, Construction litigation: business, Environmental litigation, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: defense
Asbestos, Toxic torts, Construction defects, Personal injury - plaintiff, Toxic mold
- 60% Class action/mass torts: defense
- 10% Construction litigation: business
- 10% Environmental litigation
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - products: defense
First Admitted: 2000, Mississippi
Professional Webpage: https://cs-law.com/attorneys/bio/clif-jefferis
- Recipient, Natural Resources Law Scholarship
- Member, Phi Delta Phi
- Associate Editor, Animal Law Journal
- Speaker, Mealey's Seminar on Emerging Trends in Asbestos Litigation Conference: "Panel Discussion on the Reemergence of Claims Against Heavy Machinery Manufacturers for the Inclusion of Asbestos Containing Components in Finished Products"
- Millsaps College, Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude; Bachelor of Business Administration
- Texas, 2017
- Alabama, 2001
- Mississippi, 2000
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- The Mississippi Bar
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Hinds County Bar Association
Office location for Clif Jefferis
100 Vision Dr
Jackson, MS 39211
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022