James G. House, III
Top rated General Litigation attorney in Jackson, MississippiCosmich Simmons & Brown, PLLC
Focusing law practice on general litigation, class action and mass torts, James G. House, III is an attorney and partner at the law firm Cosmich Simmons & Brown, PLLC. Admitted to practice law in Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee, he represents clients in and around Jackson, Mississippi.
Mr. House enrolled in Millsaps College to graduate magna cum laude with his bachelor’s degree in 1989. He was selected to the dean’s list and inducted to fraternities such as the Mississippi Alpha Chapter of Phi Beta Kappa. In 1992, he secured his doctorate in jurisprudence from The University of Alabama School of Law, where he was also a senior editor of the law and psychology review and a part of the university’s Environment Law Society.
Later in 1993, Mr. House was licensed to practice by The Mississippi Bar. He has served as a judicial clerk for the former Presiding Justice Michael D. Sullivan of the Mississippi Supreme Court. As a recognition for his high level of professional excellence, he is also peer-review rated AV-Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell.
With loyalty and integrity woven into every fiber of his work ethic, Mr. House maintains a reputation among his peers and clients alike. His more than three decades of law practice have helped in gaining him extensive experience to handle a wide variety of litigations including class action torts.
The many affiliations Mr. House holds at the various prestigious legal associations include:
- The Mississippi Bar – Member
- Alabama State Bar Association – Member
- Tennessee Bar Association – Member
- Mobile Bar Association – Member
- Capital Area Bar Association – Member
- Mississippi Bar Association – Worker’s Compensation and Labor & Employment Law Section – Member
- Mobile Bar Association – Young Lawyers Section – Former President
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasGeneral Litigation, Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff, Appellate, Business/Corporate, Cannabis Law, Insurance Coverage
Appeals, Class Actions, Insurance, Litigation, Toxic Torts
- 30% General Litigation
- 30% Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
- 10% Appellate
- 10% Business/Corporate
- 10% Cannabis Law
- 10% Insurance Coverage
First Admitted: 1993, Mississippi
Professional Webpage: https://cs-law.com/attorneys/bio/james-gordon-house-iii
- Environmental Law Society, University of Alabama School of Law
- Senior Editor, Law & Psychology Review, University of Alabama School of Law
- The Mississippi Bar
- President, Mobile County, Alabama Young Lawyer's Section (1996)
- Member, Worker's Compensation and Labor and Employment Section, Mississippi Bar Association
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Mobile County Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Millsaps College, Jackson, Mississippi, Bachelor of Arts, Honors: Magna Cum Laude, Dean's List, Charter Member of Mississippi Alpha Chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, Lambda Chi Alpha Social Fraternity, Phi Alpha Theta
Office location for James G. House, III
100 Vision Dr
Jackson, MS 39211