Michael D. Simmons
Top rated general litigation attorney in Jackson, MississippiCosmich Simmons & Brown, PLLC
Practice Areas: General litigation, Business litigation, Personal injury; view more
Licensed in Mississippi since: 1994
Education: Mississippi College School of Law
Cosmich Simmons & Brown, PLLC100 Vision Dr
Jackson, MS 39211 Visit website
Michael D. Simmons is an attorney at the law firm Cosmich Simmons & Brown, PLLC, which has its offices in Jackson, Mississippi. His areas of practice include tort and insurance litigation, commercial litigation, employment law, mass and toxic tort, strategic business solutions and litigation support services.
For more than 28 years, Mr. Simmons has provided clients in the Jackson, Mississippi, area with dependable and expert advice. He acts as an ardent and tenacious defender of his clients' rights and guides them through the entire legal procedure.
Graduating from the University of Georgia, Mr. Simmons received his Bachelor of Arts degree. He went on to attend the Mississippi College School of Law and graduated magna cum laude, earning his Juris Doctor in 1994. In law school, he was a Hearrin-Hess Scholar and an Alumni Association Scholar. He was also an active member of the Mississippi College Law Review Editorial Board and the moot court competitions.
Mr. Simmons is authorized to practice law in Mississippi. Between 1987 and 1993, he served in the United States Marine Corps and Reserve. While serving in the marine corps, he received the United States Marine Corps Reserve Navy Achievement Medal and the Sea Service Deployment, Good Conduct and National Defense awards.
Active in the field of law, Mr. Simmons is a member of The Mississippi Bar, the Defense Research Institute, the International Association of Defense Counsel and the Government Investigations & Civil Litigation Institute. He regularly speaks in prominent continuing legal education programs on topics such as discovery, expert witnesses, trial strategies and ethics.
Recognized for his notable legal services, Mr. Simmons has received an AV Preeminent* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell. He has also been named to the list of Best Lawyers, and the National Association of Distinguished Counsel named him to its Nation’s Top One Percent list. He is also a member of the International Association of Defense Counsel.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasGeneral litigation, Business litigation, Personal injury - general: defense, Class action/mass torts: plaintiff, Employment & labor: employee, Insurance coverage
Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Trucking accidents, Personal injury - defense, Class actions, Toxic torts, Employment law - employee, Insurance
- 30% General litigation
- 20% Business litigation
- 20% Personal injury - general: defense
- 10% Class action/mass torts: plaintiff
- 10% Employment & labor: employee
- 10% Insurance coverage
First Admitted: 1994, Mississippi
Professional Webpage: https://cs-law.com/attorneys/bio/michael-d-simmons
- Mid-South Super Lawyer, 2006
- Alumni Association Scholar, Mississippi College School of Law
- Herrin-Hess Scholar, Mississippi College School of Law
- Government Investigations and Civil Litigation Institute (GICLI)
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- University of Georgia, Bachelor of Arts
- Frequent continuing legal education seminar speaker in topics including discovery, expert witnesses, trial strategies and ethics
- Contributing Author, Encyclopedia of Mississippi Law, (Thompson Reuters 2018)
- Book Chapter Author, “The Role of Compliance in a Government Investigation,” The General Counsel's Guide to Government Investigations (Government Investigations and Civil Litigation Institute 2017)
- Contributing Author, Encyclopedia of Mississippi Law, (Thompson West 2001)
- "Section 1983 Litigation: History and Policy Spell the Demise of Qualified Immunity for Private Defendants" 14 Miss. C. L. Rev. 127 (1993)
- Mississippi College Law Review Editorial Board, Mississippi College School of Law
- Authored Chapter on the Law of Sales, Contributing Author, Encyclopedia of Mississippi Law, Legal, 2022
- United States Marine Corps and United States Marine Corps Reserve Navy Achievement Medal, Sea Service Deployment, Good Conduct and National Defense awards, 1987
- Best Lawyers in America, 2020
- Financial Services And Banking
Office location for Michael D. Simmons
100 Vision Dr
Jackson, MS 39211
- Super Lawyers: 2006