Sheila M. Bossier
Top rated Civil Litigation attorney in Jackson, MississippiBossier & Associates, PLLC
Practice Areas: Civil Litigation, Personal Injury, Products Liability
Licensed in Mississippi since: 1989
Education: Tulane University Law School
Ms. Bossier has spent over twenty-five years litigating hundreds of complex civil state court and federal court cases throughout the country, involving a broad range of legal issues. She has served as lead counsel in defective drug, medical device, toxic tort, environmental contamination, professional liability and medical malpractice cases, which resulted in favorable jury verdicts and monetary recoveries for many individual clients. Currently, Ms. Bossier and her law firm are litigating cases around the country involving transvaginal mesh, hernia mesh, IVC filters, 3M Combat Arms Ear Plugs, and others.
Ms. Bossier’s experience in defective drug and medical device litigation has been recognized by her peers and the judiciary, and has resulted in her serving in leadership roles in multi-district litigation across the country involving thousands of plaintiffs. Ms. Bossier’s leadership roles have included appointment by Honorable Eldon Fallon, United States District Court Judge, Eastern District of Louisiana, to the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in In Re: Vioxx Products Liability Litigation, MDL 1657; appointment by Honorable Rebecca R. Pallmeyer, United States District Court Judge, Northern District of Illinois, to the Plaintiff’s Steering Committee in In Re: Zimmer NexGen Knee Implant Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2272; and appointment by Honorable David G. Campbell to the Plaintiffs’ Leadership Counsel in In Re: Bard IVC Filters Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2641. Ms. Bossier has also been selected to work with the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in In Re: Cook Medical, Inc., IVC Filters Marketing, Sales Practices and Product Liability Litigation, MDL 2570. More recently, Ms. Bossier has been appointed to leadership positions in consolidated hernia mesh litigation, including the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in In Re: Proceed Mesh Litigation (Proceed® Surgical Mesh and Proceed® Ventral Patch Hernia Mesh) and In Re: Prolene Hernia Mesh System Litigation, in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
In addition to representing injured individuals, Ms. Bossier has been appointed a Special Assistant Attorney General by the Attorney General of the State of Mississippi, serving as lead counsel in consumer protection litigation involving the deceptive marketing and sales of pharmaceutical drugs and medical devices in the State of Mississippi. In 2018, Ms. Bossier's practice expanded to include the representation of several cities and counties to pursue claims against the manufacturers and distributors of Opioid drugs.
First Admitted: 1989, Mississippi
Professional Webpage: https://www.bossier-law.com
- Ms. Bossier has organized and spoken at various continuing legal education seminars relating to toxic torts, products liability, and other mass tort matters, and has appeared as a speaker on behalf of the American Bar Association, State Bar Associations and other Legal Associations related to these topics. Ms. Bossier has participated as a guest lecturer and presenter at trial advocacy programs at the Mississippi School of Law, and has lectured to law students on various other topics over the years. For a number of years, Ms. Bossier served as a Vice-Chair of the ABA’s Toxic Tort and Environmental Law Committee. In 2015, Ms. Bossier was awarded membership in the Texas Lawyer’s 10 Million Dollar Club related to her representation of the Plaintiffs in Martha Salazar, et al. v. Boston Scientific Corporation. In addition to being selected as a Super Lawyer for the Mid-South, beginning in 2016, Ms. Bossier was selected as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by The National Trial Lawyers. In 2017, Ms. Bossier was selected as a Top 25 Mass Tort Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers. Ms. Bossier is a member of the American Bar Association, the Mississippi Bar Association, the Louisiana State Bar Association, the Capitol Area Bar Association and the American Association for Justice. In 2007, she became a certified Mediator in the State of Mississippi. In 2021, Ms. Bossier was selected to join the Fellows of the Mississippi Bar Foundation. She has been licensed to practice law in Louisiana, North Carolina and Mississippi.
- , Fellow, Mississippi Bar Foundation , Mississippi Bar Foundation, 2021
- $10 Million Club, Texas Lawyer, 2015
- 2016, 2017, Top 100 Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers
- Top 25 Mass Tort Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2017
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2023