Yancy B. Burns
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Jackson, MS
Yancy B. Burns is the founding attorney of Burns & Associates, PLLC, in Jackson, Mississippi. Mr. Burns has over 20 years of experience practicing personal injury and workers’ compensation law. He handles matters involving car accidents, maritime accidents, premises liability claims involving negligent security or slip and falls, offshore accidents and workers’ compensation claims.
Mr. Burns is committed to providing exceptional representation to his clients and ensuring they receive fair compensation for their injuries. Over the course of his time in practice, he has litigated numerous jury trials, bench trials and workers’ compensation hearings. Honoring his success, Martindale-Hubbell awarded him their highest rating of AV Preeminent*.
Outside of the office, Mr. Burns is a former member of the Mississippi Bar Association’s Bench-Bar Liaison committee and the Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Educational Association. He holds a license to practice law in Mississippi and the District of Columbia, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi, the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians Tribal Court and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.
Mr. Burns earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Mississippi and received his law degree from the University of Mississippi School of Law. He is a member of the National Board of Trial Advocacy and a board-certified member of the organization’s civil pretrial practice advocacy section.
In addition to his legal career, Mr. Burns is a former member of the military, serving as a U.S. Army armor officer. He received an honorable discharge as a Major while serving as a plans officer and support operations officer.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 40%Workers' Compensation: Claimant
Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2021
Certificates and Credentials
About Yancy B. Burns
First Admitted: 1998, Mississippi
Professional Webpage: https://www.burnsandassociateslaw.com/Attorneys/Yancy-B-Burn...
- Litigating Slip, Trip & Fall Cases in Mississippi, National Business Institute, June 2013
- University of Mississippi, B.A. - 1995, Honors: Army ROTC, Honors: Distinguished Military Graduate, Major: Political Science
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi, 1998
- District of Columbia, 2009
- Mississippi Workers' Compensation Educational Committee, Member, 2007-2008
- Mississippi, 1998
- Tribal Court of Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians, 1998
- Mississippi Bar Association, Member, 2006-2008
- The Civil Pretrial Practice Advocacy section of the NBOTA, Board Certified Member
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1998
- Bench-Bar Committee, Member
- National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBOTA), Certified Member
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate
- Preeminent client review rating by Martindale Hubbell , 2013
- Mid-South Super Lawyer, 2013 - 2014
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Martindale-Hubbell AV-rated
Last Updated: 5/15/2022