William Lee Guice III
Top rated business litigation attorney in Ocean Springs, MississippiRushing & Guice, P.L.L.C.
Practice Areas: Business litigation, Banking, Business & corporate view more
Licensed in Mississippi since: 1972
Education: Tulane University Law School
Rushing & Guice, P.L.L.C.1000 Government St.
Ocean Springs, MS 39564 Phone: 228-374-2313 Email: William Lee Guice III Visit website
William Lee Guice III, the third generation of his family to practice law at Rushing & Guice and now its senior partner, has provided trusted counsel to thousands of businesses and individuals since 1972. He focuses his practice in the areas of commercial and general litigation, including financial issues, lender liability and corporate defense, white collar criminal defense, and admiralty law.
Guice also represents banking interests and handles sophisticated financial and real estate transactions. He advises his clients in the areas of asset protection and preservation, estate planning, business formation and environmental matters. These clients include financial institutions, physicians, maritime companies, and leaders of business and industry.
Guice’s sterling reputation among his peers for legal acumen, professionalism, and ethics is reflected in his AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell for over 38 years and his consistent designation as one of the top attorneys in Mississippi by Super Lawyers magazine, an honor bestowed upon only five percent of the lawyers in each state. Guice is listed in Best Lawyers in America and is a Senior Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, which recognizes the top ½ of 1% of America’s trial attorneys.
Guice is licensed to practice in Mississippi, Texas, New York, District of Columbia and Georgia and has been admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, United States Court of International Trade, the United States Court of Claims, the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and various Federal District Courts. He is a member of the International Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Harrison County and Jackson County Bar Association, the Commercial Law League of America (Chairman, Southern Region, 1987-1988), the Southeastern Title Association and the Maritime Law Association.
He is the author of several publications, including “Maintenance and Cure, The Jones Act, Land-Based Seamen,” page 877, Volume 46, Tulane Law Review, 1972 (author), “Office Surgery and the Law,” Advances in Dermatology Yearbook, Medical Publishers, 1986 (author), “Mississippi Collection Law,” P.E.S.I., 1985 (co-author), and “Mississippi Collection Law,” P.E.S.I., 1984, 1986, 1989 (co-author).
Guice received his undergraduate degree from Tulane University in 1969 and his law degree from Tulane University in 1972. While at Tulane, he was a member of the Board of Student Editors of the Tulane Law Review from 1970 to 1972. Guice also attended La Sorbonne in Paris, France from 1967-1968.
He has also served as a presenter and lecturer at numerous courses on contract and commercial law, Mississippi collections law, law office management, ethics and other legal topics. Guice is an Issuing Agent for Chicago Title Insurance Company.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Banking, Business/corporate, State, local & municipal, Professional liability: plaintiff, Real estate: business
First Admitted: 1972, Mississippi
Professional Webpage: http://rushingguice.com/meet-our-attorneys/william-l-guice-i...
- Licensed in Mississippi, Texas, New York, District of Columbia, and Georgia
- Federal Supreme Court of the United States; Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and for the Federal Circuit; United States District Court for various districts; United States Court of Claims and the United States Court of International Trade
- Earned AV preeminent Rating for over 38 years
- Inns of Court
- Senior Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Mid-South Super Lawyers since 2007
- Member of Tulane Law Review
- Listed in Best Lawyers since 2010
- Guice has authored several publications, including "Maintenance and Cure, The Jones Act, Land-Based Seamen," page 877, Volume 46, Tulane Law Review, 1972 (author), "Office Surgery and the Law," Advances in Dermatology Yearbook, Medical Publishers, 1986 (author), "Mississippi Collection Law," P.E.S.I., 1985 (co-author), and "Mississippi Collection Law," P.E.S.I., 1984, 1986, 1989 (co-author).
- General Counsel for Barq's sale to Coca-Cola
- Numerous commercial vessel sales, vessel financing, and vessel foreclosures
- Special Counsel for Jackson County in Singing River Health System litigation and related matters involving Singing River Health System
- Acquisition of the Promenade Shopping Complex (700,000 square feet)
- Local Counsel for Harrah's Entertainment in Biloxi acquisitions and related title transactions (several city blocks)
- Copa Casino: Litigation of Casino's ownership
- ADA suit with the City of Ocean Springs leading to one of larger ADA settlements against a municipality
- Jackson County v. KPMG ($20,000,000 settlement)
- Class Action litigation concerning Singing River Health System Pension Plan
- Litigation concerning Trade Mark Barg's
- Barq's v. Coca-Cola: Intellectual Property Suit Theft of Goodwill
- American Bar Association, the Mississippi Bar Association, the Harrison County Bar Association, the Jackson County Bar Association, the Biloxi Bar Association, the Commercial Law League of America (Chairman, Southern Region, 1987-1988), the Southeastern Land Title Association, the Maritime Law Association, and the International Bar Association.
- Advocate, Order of Certus
- Barrister, Order of Justitia
- Member, Diversity Law Institute
- Member, Trial Law Institute
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Studied abroad at La Sorbonne in Paris, France., 1967
- Tulane University, Bachelor's Degree. , 1969
- Tulane University School of Law Juris Doctorate. While at Tulane, he was a member of the Board of Student Editors of the Tulane Law Review from 1970 to 1972, 1972
- Maritime Law
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022