John K. Perry, Jr.
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Southaven, MS
Partner at Perry Griffin PC, John K. Perry, Jr., represents clients in southwest Tennessee and northern Mississippi who have been accused of committing a crime. As a criminal defense attorney, he focuses on the following types of cases: probation violations, domestic violence, rape and other sex offenses, theft/shoplifting, homicide charges, DUI defense, burglary, assault and battery, drug possession and paraphernalia, and expunging criminal records. Along with defense, he is also experienced in civil rights litigation and personal injury law.
Admitted to practice in both Tennessee and Mississippi, Mr. Perry is also admitted to practice in a variety of federal courts. These include the Supreme Court of Mississippi, the United States Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit, the United States Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, the United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi.
After earning a Bachelor of Arts in 1994 from the University of Tennessee, Mr. Perry attended the University of Mississippi School of Law, where he earned his Juris Doctor. While in law school, he was the vice president of the Law School’s Student Body and was given several honors for his hard work and dedication.
Mr. Perry is a member of the Magnolia Bar Association, the DeSoto County Bar Association, the Mississippi Bar and the American Bar Association. He is included on the Federal Criminal Justice Act Panel for the Northern District of Mississippi and the Western District of Tennessee, a City Attorney for Holly Springs and is a Municipal Court Judge in Coldwater, Mississippi, as well as a Tunica County Board of Supervisors Attorney.
- 70%Criminal Defense
- 10%Civil Rights
- 10%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10%Criminal Defense: White Collar
Assault & Battery, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Felony, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Sex Offenses, Theft, Criminal Domestic Violence, Police Misconduct, Race Discrimination, Disability, Discrimination, DUI/DWI, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law - Federal
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
About John K. Perry, Jr.
First Admitted: 2000, Mississippi
Professional Webpage: https://perrygriffin.com/john-keith-perry-jr/
- American Jurisprudence Outstanding Student Award for Federal Trial Practice, University of Mississippi School of Law
- Finalist in Steen Reynolds Dalehite Trial Competition, University of Mississippi School of Law
- Magnolia Bar Association
- DeSoto County Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Supreme Court of Mississippi
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Bachelor of Arts 1994
Last Updated: 6/21/2022