Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Blue Springs, MO
Founder of Dana Outlaw Law Firm in Blue Springs, Missouri, attorney Dana Outlaw is a family law attorney and mediator. With more than 17 years of experience practicing law, Ms. Outlaw represents clients with family law matters such as divorce, child custody and support, alimony, property division, paternity, orders of protection and so on.
Ms. Outlaw uses her experience and skill to help her clients through the legal process. She provides personalized counsel to her clients and works hard to find a resolution that meets their family’s unique needs. She has handled several cases, from simple to complex, with an unwavering commitment to help her clients achieve their goals as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
Ms. Outlaw has a Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology and political science from the University of Missouri-Columbia. She earned her Juris Doctor from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law. She is also an adjunct professor at the same law school. Ms. Outlaw is active in the legal community and is a member of The Missouri Bar, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Eastern Jackson County Bar Association, and Juvenile Courts and the Law Committee.
Former chair at Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association’s Domestic Law Committee and co-vice chair of the Family Law Committee, Ms. Outlaw has presented and moderated at many bar meetings throughout the state. Ms. Outlaw acts as guardian ad litem, frequently appointed to represent children in cases that involve child abuse and neglect. Representing domestic violence victims with their legal matters, Ms. Outlaw was a former attorney for Hope House, Inc., a shelter for victims of domestic violence.
Through the Legal Aid of Western Missouri Pro Bono Volunteer Attorney Project, Ms. Outlaw provides legal services to those who cannot afford legal representation. For her outstanding pro bono work, she was presented with the University of Missouri-Kansas City Law Alumni Foundation Pro Bono/Public Service award.
About Dana Outlaw
First Admitted: 2003, Missouri
Professional Webpage: https://danaoutlawfirm.com/about-dana/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Jackson County Safe Family Coalition, Member
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Foundation Annual Domestic Violence and Children Interdisciplinary Conference, Planning Committee
- Legal Aid of Western Missouri Pro Bono Volunteer Attorney Project
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Member
- Law Committee, Member
- Juvenile Court, Member
- Eastern Jackson County Bar Association, Member
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association Domestic Law Committee, Chair
- Missouri Bar Association, Member
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association Domestic Law Committee, Family Law Committee, Co-Vice Chair
- Recipient, University of Missouri-Kansas City Law Alumni Foundation Pro Bono/Public Service Award
- Adjunct Professor, University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
- University of Missouri-Columbia in Sociology and Political Science, 1999
Last Updated: 5/15/2022