Michael A. Gross
Top rated appellate attorney in Clayton, MissouriMichael Gross Law Office
Practice Areas: Appellate, Criminal defense, Family law; view more
Licensed in Missouri since: 1972
Education: The University of Michigan Law School
Michael Gross Law Office6350 Clayton Rd
Clayton, MO 63117 Visit website
Michael Gross focuses his practice in large part on appellate work in federal and state courts. He has represented clients in every Missouri appellate court as well as the federal appellate courts for the 2nd, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th Circuits, and the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Gross regularly consults with trial attorneys, giving them assistance in identifying issues in their own and their adversaries’ cases, writing briefs for dispositive motions, shaping issues and arguments in anticipation mediation, and writing briefs or position statements to influence the outcome of mediation.
The cases that Mr. Gross has handled at the appellate level have included mass torts, merger and acquisition disputes, legal and medical malpractice, complex custody and high asset family law, other business disputes and product liability. He represented many individuals convicted of white collar crimes, drug trafficking, and murder. Most of this work has come through referrals from the trial attorneys who appreciate his appellate skills. This is evident from the honors that they have bestowed upon Mr. Gross. He is AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell and holds a “Superb” peer-review rating on Avvo. In addition, Mr. Gross has been selected for inclusion on the Best Lawyers in America list.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasAppellate, Criminal defense, Family law, Business litigation, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
Appeals, Criminal law, Marital property, Medical malpractice
- 40% Appellate
- 20% Criminal defense
- 20% Family law
- 10% Business litigation
- 10% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1972, Missouri
Professional Webpage: https://www.grossbriefs.com/about/mgross/
- Missouri, The Missouri Bar
- Arizona, State Bar of Arizona
- Frequent speaker on appellate topics at continuing legal education programs. During 2011: lecturer, "Nuts & Bolts of Handling a Federal Appeal," Missouri Bar seminar "Nuts & Bolts of Appellate Practice 2011," at St. Louis, Kansas City, and Springfield programs.
- B.J., Missouri University School of Journalism, 1969
- Robert Duncan Award for Appellate Excellence, Missouri Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2006
- Extraordinary Volunteer Service as Defender of Civil Liberties, American Civil Liberties Union, 2008
Office location for Michael A. Gross
6350 Clayton Rd
Clayton, MO 63117
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2022