R. Scott Richart
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Independence, MO
A member of Albano, Richart, Welch & Bajackson, LLC, R. Scott Richart focuses his practice on family law matters. From the firm's offices in Independence, Missouri, he provides representation to clients throughout the greater Kansas City metropolitan area. Mr. Richart has been admitted to practice before all Missouri state courts since 1993.
A large portion of Mr. Richart's practice involves divorce-related matters. In that regard, he assists people whose marriages are coming to an end and who are thus having to deal with such issues as child custody and visitation, the division of complex assets, and child and spousal support. Mr. Richart has extensive experience in advocating for his clients in the courtroom when litigation is necessary, but he often plays a strong role in negotiating a settlement agreement, and he has handled military divorces as well.
In addition to his matrimonial work, Mr. Richart has prepared and reviewed prenuptial agreements, and his family law experience has also included adoptions and the representation of victims of domestic violence who are seeking protective orders from the court. His successful track record and high degree of ethics have earned him a Distinguished* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell, and he has also been named to The National Advocates: Top 100.
Many of Mr. Richart's professional affiliations reflect his practice area, and they have included the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys. He is also a member of the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association and the Eastern Jackson County Bar Association. A 1985 graduate of the University of Missouri, Mr. Richart obtained his legal education at Creighton University School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1992.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 100%Family Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2021
Certificates and Credentials
About R. Scott Richart
First Admitted: 1993, Missouri
Professional Webpage: https://www.wmalawoffice.com/Attorneys/R-S-Richart.shtml
Pro bono/Community Service
- Military Order of World Wars
- Executive Director, National Board of Anesthesiology, Inc.
- American Bar Association, Member
- Eastern Jackson County Bar Association, Member
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Chairman, Family Law Committee, 2002 - 2003
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Diplomate
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys
- The National Advocates, Top 100 Lawyers
- 2016 Centennial Lion Award, Greater Kansas City Sigma Alpha Epsilon
- American Institute of Legal Counsel, Top 10 Attorney
- BV Rated
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, Top 10 Nationally Ranked Attorney, 2017
- Bumps in the Road to Margaritaville: Issues in Dividing Retirement Plans in Divorce, 2017 Missouri Advanced Family Law Symposium
- Co-habitation Agreements, 2015 Family Law Conference, Missouri Bar Association
- When is a Judgment Final in Family Law?, 2016 Missouri Bar Annual Meeting
- University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, B.A., 1985
Last Updated: 5/15/2022