Colby L. Rieke
Top rated family law attorney in Kansas City, MissouriMcDowell Rice Smith & Buchanan, P.C.
Practice Areas: Family law, Estate planning & probate; view more
Licensed in Missouri since: 2005
Education: University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law
McDowell Rice Smith & Buchanan, P.C.605 West 47th Street
Kansas City, MO 64112 Visit website
Attorney Colby L. Rieke is a shareholder with the McDowell Rice Smith & Buchanan, P.C., law firm in Kansas City, Missouri. A top-ranked lawyer with more than 17 years of total legal experience, Mr. Rieke focuses his practice solely on family law, and he provides exceptional counsel and support to clients throughout Kansas and Missouri who are going through a divorce or have some other serious legal issue affecting their families.
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Rieke has achieved remarkable success helping his clients obtain their goals and the favorable outcomes they seek for their legal issues involving child support and custody, property division, alimony, and other areas. He has worked with a wide range of clients, from affluent medical professionals and C-level executives to business owners and stay-at-home moms.
At all turns, Mr. Rieke delivers the highly personalized counsel his clients need to make the best-informed decisions, and he works hard to help them achieve the positive results they expect and deserve as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. Honored for his professionalism and service, he has earned consistent recognition from his peers as being among the top 2.5% of lawyers in his region. He has also received numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients along with 10.0 client ratings on Avvo.
A 2001 graduate of the University of Kansas School of Business, Mr. Rieke attended the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2004. He holds his license to practice in Missouri and Kansas, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas.
Mr. Rieke is a member of the Kansas Bar Association, the Missouri Bar, the Johnson County Bar Association, the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, The Catholic Lawyers Guild of Kansas City and WealthCounsel L.L.C.
Practice areasFamily law, Estate planning & probate
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Paternity, Marital property, Estate planning, Guardianships & conservatorships, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills
- 80% Family law
- 20% Estate planning & probate
First Admitted: 2005, Kansas
Professional Webpage: https://www.mcdowellrice.com/attorney/colby-l-rieke
- Johnson County Bar Association - Appointed as 2021-2022 Vice President of the Family Law Section
- Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers, Family Law: 2019, Rising Star, Family Law: 2014 - 2018
- Johnson County Bar Association - Appointed as 2021-2022 Secretary of the Family Law Section
- Missouri and Kansas Rising Stars, Family Law: 2014-2018
- Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers, Family Law: 2019, 2020
- Johnson County Bar Association - Appointed by review committee as 2021-2022 Committee Member of the Family Law Bench/Bar Guidelines
- Snow Ball patron Committee Member, Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas, 2016 – Present
- Catholic Charities Golf Classic Committee Member, Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas, 2015 - Present
- University of Kansas School of Business (B.A., 2001, Business Administration with emphasis in Finance)
- Wealth Counsel Member
- The Catholic Lawyers Guild of Kansas City
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Johnson County Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
Office location for Colby L. Rieke
605 West 47th Street
Kansas City, MO 64112
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2018