David S. Bell
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Kansas City, MO
Selected to Rising Stars: 2011 - 2012
- Free Consultation
An attorney at Wyrsch Hobbs & Mirakian, P.C., David S. Bell focuses his practice exclusively on criminal defense matters at the local, state and federal level in Kansas and Missouri. Located in the firm’s Kansas City, Missouri office, he represents clients throughout the Kansas City Metropolitan Area. Mr. Bell has been admitted to practice before all Missouri state courts since 1997 and before all Kansas state courts since the following year. He is also admitted to practice in the United States District Courts in Kansas and Western Missouri. He is a graduate of The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, where he majored in economics and received a Bachelor of Science degree magna cum laude in 1994.
Mr. Bell’s client base is made up of people who have been accused by the state or federal government with having committed misdemeanor or felony offenses. The types of cases that he has worked on since joining the firm in July 2007 have included sex crimes, domestic violence, fraud and other white-collar allegations, and drug possession and distribution. Mr. Bell has been able to get many of these charges dismissed, and he has also obtained numerous acquittals. In some cases, he has negotiated favorable plea bargains with the prosecution. His successful track record and high degree of ethics have earned him a 10.0 “Superb” peer-review rating through Avvo, among other awards and honors.
After graduating from The Wharton School, Mr. Bell pursued his legal education at New York University School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1997. He also holds a Master of Laws in taxation from the same institution. Mr. Bell worked as a tax and estate planning attorney before making a career change and joining the Missouri State Public Defender System in Jackson County, where he tried a number of cases and represented 1000s of clients before entering private practice.
- 50%Criminal Defense
- 50%Criminal Defense: White Collar
Criminal Fraud, Expungement, Sex Offenses, Criminal Domestic Violence, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law - Federal
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2021
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2012
About David S. Bell
First Admitted: 1997, Missouri
Professional Webpage: https://whmlawdb.com/about/
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Named as one of the 16 “Up & Coming Lawyers” by the Missouri Lawyers Weekly, 2006
- Selected to Super Lawyers as one of the top-rated attorneys in the nation, 2019
- The Charles M. Shaw Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy, March 1, 2007 – Present
- University of Pennsylvania (Wharton School), Philadelphia, PA, B.S. in Economics, Honors: Magna Cum Laude, May 1994
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York, LL.M. in Taxation, December 1997
- Bar Admission, Kansas, 1998
- Bar Admission, Missouri, 1997
- We work primarily with professionals and their families.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022