Dennis J. Cassidy
Top rated personal injury attorney in Kansas City, MissouriHunter & Cassidy, LLC
Practice Areas: Personal injury, General litigation; view more
Licensed in Missouri since: 1997
Education: University of Missouri School of Law (Columbia)
Hunter & Cassidy, LLC600 Broadway Boulevard
Kansas City, MO 64105 Visit website
As a partner at the law firm of Hunter & Cassidy Law, Dennis J. Cassidy provides trusted and efficient services to those who need legal assistance in Kansas City, Missouri. He focuses his practice on personal injury, generally handling cases that involve motor vehicle accidents, product and premises liability, nursing home neglect and animal attacks. He also accepts insurance defense and commercial litigation cases.
After earning his B.A. from the University of Missouri at Columbia in 1994, Mr. Cassidy obtained his J.D. from the University of Missouri School of Law in 1997. He is licensed to practice in Missouri, the state and federal courts of Kansas, and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri.
Mr. Cassidy served as an attorney and then as a partner at a large Missouri insurance defense firm before partnering with his present firm in 2014. He now draws on the knowledge and insight he gained in that role to help negotiate fair settlements on behalf of his clients. He has built a reputation for holding insurance companies to their contractual obligations in a range of disputes, including those involving property and casualty, auto liability, business liability and life insurance.
Mr. Cassidy is sensitive to the challenges his clients and their families may face as a result of an accident. He strives to see those injured by the negligent or reckless actions of others made as close to whole as possible, helping them obtain compensation for their damages, including lost wages, unexpected medical bills, and pain and suffering.
While Mr. Cassidy works to facilitate settlements outside of the courtroom whenever possible, he will not be intimidated into taking an agreement that is not in his clients' best interests. He works with accident reconstruction and other professional experts, files petitions and motions, sits down with the insurance company or liable party's legal representatives, and attends hearings.
For his high level of professional excellence and ethical standards, Mr. Cassidy received an AV Preeminent* rating from Martindale-Hubbell. He is an active member of The Missouri Bar, the Kansas Bar Association and the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, General litigation
Animal bites, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Litigation
- 70% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 30% General litigation
First Admitted: 1997, Missouri
Professional Webpage: https://www.huntercassidylaw.com/attorney/cassidy-dennis-j/
- University of Missouri, Columbia, B.A., Bachelor of Arts, Major: Communication, 1994
- Ramirez-Maldonado, Practice Area: Car accident, Date: Apr 29, 2015, Outcome: $34,000 jury verdict in Jackson County, MO, Description: Rear-end auto collision with $12,000 paid medical bills
- Akol, Practice Area: Civil rights, Date: Dec 19, 2013, Outcome: $35,000 jury verdict in Jackson County, MO, Description: Client innocently tazed by bounty hunters. Client had $0 out-of-pocket expenses
- Confidential, Practice Area: Car accident, Date: Oct 20, 2014, Outcome: $110,000 settlement, Description: Client rear-ended by tractor trailer
- Cremer, Practice Area: Personal injury, Date: Jan 01, 2008, Outcome: Over $450,000 in combined settlements, Description: Auto accident where client suffered broken hip
- Arrington, Practice Area: Car accident, Date: Nov 12, 2014, Outcome: $90,000 settlement, Description: Client rear-ended by tractor trailer
- Kotopka, Practice Area: Personal injury, Date: Jan 01, 2009, Outcome: $225,000 jury award in Jackson County, Missouri, Description: Client fell into hole in sidewalk which had existed for 13 months, sustaining broken elbow and torn triceps muscle
- Missouri, 1997
- Missouri Bar Association, Member, 1997 - Present
- Kansas, 1998
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, 1998 - Present
- Kansas Bar Association, Member, 1998 - Present
- Rising Star, Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers Magazine, 2011
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers, 2016
- Super Lawyer, Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers Magazine, 2013
- Rising Star, Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers Magazine, 2010
- Super Lawyer, Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers Magazine, 2015
- Rising Star, Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers Magazine, 2012
- Rising Star, Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers Magazine, 2008
- AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 2016
- Super Lawyer, Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers Magazine, 2014
Office location for Dennis J. Cassidy
600 Broadway Boulevard
Kansas City, MO 64105
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2008, 2010 - 2012