Erica A. Driskell
Top rated family law attorney in Kansas City, MissouriBerkowitz Cook Gondring Driskell & Drobeck
Practice Areas: Family law; view more
Licensed in Missouri since: 2006
Erica A. Driskell is a partner with Berkowitz Cook Gondring Driskell & Drobeck, LLC. Located in Kansas City, Missouri, Erica focuses her practice exclusively on family law matters, providing representation to clients throughout the greater Kansas City metropolitan area. Erica is admitted and actively practices in Missouri and Kansas state courts.
As a strong litigator and comprehensive attorney, Erica has worked extensively in matters involving divorce; the division of complex marital assets and liabilities; child custody and visitation; paternity; spousal and child support; and prenuptials. Erica also represents clients in post-divorce matters such as modifications to or the enforcement of existing parenting and support orders. Family law has been Erica's exclusive focus since her admission to practice in Missouri in 2006 and Kansas in 2007. Erica is known for her ability to navigate through complex legal issues and high-conflict situations. She is a fierce courtroom advocate for her clients when litigation becomes necessary, however, Erica also helps clients obtain resolution in a less-adversarial manner through the negotiation of a comprehensive settlement agreement. In addition, Erica prepares and reviews prenuptial agreements.
Erica attended The University of Iowa as an undergraduate, where she majored in journalism and political science and received a Bachelor of Arts in 2002. After she graduated, Erica spent a year serving with AmeriCorps VISTA before enrolling at the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law. Erica earned her Juris Doctorate in 2006, and currently teaches family law courses as an adjunct professor at her law school alma mater.
Practice areasFamily law
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Name change, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Same sex family law
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 2006, Missouri
Professional Webpage: https://berkowitz-cook.com/our-firm/erica-a-driskell/
- University of Iowa, B.A. in political science and journalism, 2002
- Adjunct Professor, UMKC School of Law
- Admitted to Missouri - 2006 Admitted to Kansas - 2007
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Member Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member Eastern Jackson County Bar Association, Member Johnson County Bar Association, Member AAML Institute for Family Law Associates Ross T. Roberts Inn of Court KCMBA Bar Leadership Academy Former Johnson County Family Law Inn of Court, Charter Member Adjunct Faculty, UMKC School of Law
- Provides Pro Bono Representation on behalf of the Volunteer Attorney Project
- AmeriCorps VISTA volunteer, Phoenix, Arizona, 2003
Office location for Erica A. Driskell
4420 Madison Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64111
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2020