Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Kansas City, MissouriDollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe, LC
A partner at the Kansas City, Missouri, law firm of Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe, L.C., J.J. Burns serves as a personal injury attorney with a special emphasis on truck accidents. Nationally recognized for his work in defending victims against the negligence of trucking companies and freight brokers, he fights hard to obtain the compensation his clients deserve.
A summa cum laude graduate of DePauw University, Mr. Burns received his B.A. in comparative religious studies in 2006. During this time, he was part of the university’s debate team and an Honor Scholar. He went on to obtain his Juris Doctor magna cum laude from the University of Michigan Law School in 2011. While in law school, he was a part of the Michigan Law Review and the Michigan Journal of International Law.
Mr. Burns has received many awards and honors throughout his distinguished career. This includes being recognized by The National Trial Lawyers and named to its lists of Top 40 Under 40 and Top 10 Trucking Trial Lawyers. He was also named to the Best Lawyers’ Ones To Watch list, VerdictSearch’s Top 100 Verdicts of 2017 list, and Missouri Lawyers Weekly’s Up & Coming list. He has received a “Superb” rating on Avvo.
Mr. Burns is passionate about the safety of America’s roads, and he spends many hours of his time educating the public on the flaws in the American legal system that allow trucking companies to walk away without paying a penny to the people it makes victims. He has presented at seminars, conferences and litigation colleges in California, Louisiana, Missouri, Nevada, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arizona, New Jersey, Texas and Wyoming.
Mr. Burns has professional affiliations with many organizations, including The Missouri Bar, the Illinois State Bar Association, the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association and the Missouri Association of Trial Lawyers. Additionally, he is a member of the Trucking Litigation Group of the American Association for Justice and is the editor of the Journal of Trucking Litigation. He also teaches topics related to personal injury law as an adjunct professor at the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 100% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2011, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://dollar-law.com/attorneys/j-j-burns/
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones To Watch – 2021
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly - Up & Coming Award, 2018
- The National Trial Lawyers – Top 10 Trucking – 2018-2019
- The National Trial Lawyers - Top 40 Under 40 - Civil Plaintiff Lawyers - 2018-2019, 2018
- The Trial Lawyer Association - Top 10 Trucking Trial Lawyers, 2018
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly - Up and Coming Lawyer, 2018
- Top 100 Verdicts, VerdictSearch, 2017
- DePauw University – Greencastle, Indiana
- UMKC Law School - Adjunct Professor
- AAJ Trucking Litigation Group - Board Member and TLG Journal Editor
- American Association for Justice - Member
- KCMBA Bar Leadership Academy - Alumnus
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys - Member
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association - Member
- Illinois Bar - Member
- Missouri Bar - Member
Office location for J.J. Burns
1100 Main Street
Kansas City, MO 64105
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2021