Kirk D. Holman
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Kansas City, MO
Selected to Rising Stars: 2008 - 2010
Kirk D. Holman of Holman Schiavone, LLC, comes from a hard-working New England family with humble beginnings. From the time he was a young boy, he yearned to be an attorney so that he could defend the rights of the underdog and champion worthy causes. He represents clients in Kansas City, Missouri, in cases involving civil rights, constitutional law, discrimination, employment and labor law and sexual harassment.
While in his first year of law school at the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, Mr. Holman grew interested in employment law after a life-changing event in his family. His father was working in a ditch when the dirt collapsed because of a lack of proper supports. He endured numerous surgeries but was never able to work after the accident. His parents struggled on just his mother's income, and he watched his father grieve the loss of a job that represented 35 years of employment.
As a result of this experience, Mr. Holman realized that he could help others protect their rights. He began clerking for the United States Department of Labor in an effort to learn employment law. He is now admitted to practice law in Missouri, Kansas, the U.S. District Court of the Western District of Missouri, the U.S. District Court of the District of Kansas, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit.
As a respected speaker in the legal field, Mr. Holman has been asked to speak on numerous topics, such as issues in human resources, the Missouri Human Rights Act and the plaintiff's perspective of corporations. He has also been honored as "Best of the Bar" for Employment Litigation by the Kansas City Business Journal in addition to receiving the Dean's Achievement Award for Excellence in Employment Law since 1999. Mr. Holman has been listed on the Million Dollar Advocates Forum since 2002, a prestigious group of attorneys who have secured settlements or verdicts of more than $1 million dollars. He has been a member of both the National Employment Lawyers Association and the Labor and Employment Section of the American Bar Association since 2000.
- 80%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2021
- Rising Stars: 2008 - 2010
About Kirk D. Holman
First Admitted: 1999, Missouri
Professional Webpage: http://www.kdh-law.com/Attorneys/Kirk-D-Holman.shtml
- Dean's Achievement Award for Excellence in Employment Law, 1999 - Present
- National Trial Lawyers-Top 100 Trial Lawyers-Missouri
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2002 - Present
- Marindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
- "Best of the Bar" for Employment Litigation, Kansas City Business Journal
- Missouri, 1999
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas, 2000
- Member, National Employment Lawyers Association, 2000 - Present
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 2000
- Kansas, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 2000
- Member, American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, 2000 - Present
- Cutting Edge Issues in Human Resources, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, 2006
- Anatomy of the Missouri Human Rights Act, The Missouri Bar, 2006
- "The Plaintiff's Perspective, Dehumanizing The Corporate Defendant", Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, 2008
- Assumption College, Worcester, Massachusetts, B.A. in Politics, 1995
Last Updated: 5/15/2022