Top rated personal injury attorney in Kansas City, MissouriDollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe, LC
Practice Areas: Personal injury; view more
Licensed in Missouri since: 2017
Lauren Dollar functions as an attorney at the sexual abuse and child fatality practice group of Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe, L.C., in Kansas City, Missouri, helping clients across the Kansas metro area. She assists them with personal injury matters that involve children, including sexual assault, abuse and wrongful death.
With prior experience gained from working in the U.S. District Attorney’s Office and serving as an assistant prosecuting attorney for the Jackson County Prosecutor’s Office, Ms. Dollar is an accomplished litigator with a passion for the law. An understanding and compassionate attorney, she strives to obtain justice for children who were abused and sexually assaulted. She is well-versed in all aspects of litigation, including drafting motions, courtroom appearances and oral arguments.
A summa cum laude microbiology graduate from The University of Kansas, Ms. Dollar also earned her law degree summa cum laude from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law in 2017. While in law school, she was a Miller Scholarship recipient and a member of the Board of Barristers. She also worked on The Urban Lawyer and was the articles and symposium editor of the university’s law review. Furthermore, she was a member of the Women Law Students Association.
Ms. Dollar passed the bar and was admitted to practice in Missouri in 2017. A seasoned attorney with high ethical standards and vast legal acumen, she holds a “Superb” rating on Avvo. She has a good knowledge of the justice system and its intricacies, and she has contributed to several publications on various legal topics.
Active in the legal community, Ms. Dollar is a part of the leadership academy of The Missouri Bar. Moreover, she is a member of the Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City and the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association’s Ross T. Roberts Trial Academy.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff
Personal injury - plaintiff, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff
- 100% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2017, Missouri
Professional Webpage: https://dollar-law.com/attorneys/lauren-dollar/
- Co-authored Cultivating Civil Rights in Kansas City and Beyond: A History of Justice in the Western District of Missouri Through the Eyes of Hon. Howard Sachs, Federal Lawyers – May 2018
- Co-authored Electronic Discovery in Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association Business Torts Handbook – 2017
- The Missouri Bar, Leadership Academy
- The Missouri Bar, Member
- Association of Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City, Member
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Member and Former Vice Co-Chair of the Robert T. Ross Trial Academy
- University of Kansas, B.A. Microbiology, Summa Cum Laude
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2021
- Awarded the Order of Barristers
Office location for Lauren Dollar
1100 Main Street
Kansas City, MO 64105
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2022