Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Kansas City, MissouriMcShane & Brady, LLC
Practice Areas: Personal Injury; view more
Licensed in Missouri since: 2005
Lucy McShane, a partner at McShane & Brady, LLC, has substantial experience in court as both a defense attorney and a prosecutor. Today, she approaches personal injury and other civil cases with the same level of intensity and the same devotion to achieving a just result that she showed in the criminal justice system.
Ms. McShane attended the University of Kansas, earning a Bachelor of Arts degree. She went on to graduate from the University of Missouri–Kansas City School of Law. In law school she competed on the National Trial Advocacy team and the National Moot Court team.
Early in her legal career, Ms. McShane worked for a criminal defense firm in Kansas City, dealing with a wide variety of cases, including DUIs and homicide. In 2007, she moved to Washington, D.C., where she became a prosecutor, handling all levels of criminal cases, from relatively simple thefts to the attempted murder of a police officer. During this time, she developed solid relationships with law enforcement agencies at the local and national level, including the FBI.
Now back in Kansas City, she represents clients who have been injured in automobile accidents and sustained other kinds of personal injuries. She also pursues HIPAA violation claims on behalf of clients whose medical records have been inappropriately released.
Ms. McShane has been admitted to practice in both Missouri and Kansas. Additionally, she is able to practice law in the District of Columbia, in U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri and in U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas.
In service to others, Ms. McShane is the President of the Infant and Toddler Service of Johnson County.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Brain Injury, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 100% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2005, Missouri
Professional Webpage: https://mcshanebradylaw.com/team/lucy-mcshane/
- Worked Closely With The Numerous Police Departments in D.C. including F.B.I., Park Police and D.C. Metro
- St. Teresa's Academy, Kansas City, Missouri
- B.A., University of Kansas, 2002
- Advisory Board Member, MOCSA Johnson County
- Co-chair, MOCSA Fall Forum 2014
- President, Infant and Toddler Service of Johnson County
- Kansas, 2006
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- Missouri, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- National Moot Court Team, University of Missouri-Kansas City, Member
- District of Columbia, 2008
- National Trial Advocacy Team, University of Missouri-Kansas City, Member
- Named one of Kansas City's best lawyers, Kansas City Business Journal Best of the Bar, 2016
- Selected as a law firm leader by Missouri Lawyer's Weekly, Up and Coming Law Firm Leader Award, 2016
Office location for Lucy McShane
1656 Washington Street
Kansas City, MO 64108
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2014
Top ListsTop 50: Women Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2023
- Top 50: 2023 Women Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2022 Women Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2021 Women Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2020 Women Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2019 Women Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2018 Women Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers