M. Blake Heath
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Kansas City, MO
Selected to Rising Stars: 2014 - 2021
Attorney M. Blake Heath is the founder and owner of his law firm, M. Blake Heath, Trial Attorney LLC, in Kansas City, Missouri. A highly rated, award-winning trial attorney with more than 10 years of legal experience, Mr. Heath represents the rights and interests of clients throughout the greater Kansas City metro region and surrounding areas who suffered an injury or lost a loved one due to someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
A Missouri native, Mr. Heath genuinely cares about the legal issues that affect the residents of his community, particularly those suffering needlessly through no fault of their own. Handling all types of personal injury and wrongful death claims, he has achieved notable success helping his clients recover the maximum amount of compensation they deserve for their product liability and medical malpractice claims, insurance coverage disputes, and other legal challenges. He also has extensive experience handling class actions.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Heath has secured numerous substantial verdicts and settlements, including several multimillion-dollar awards. Recognized for his success, he received the Pat Kelly Service Award in 2019 and the Best of the Bar award from the Kansas City Business Journal in 2016. He has also earned many accolades from his peers, including designation from Missouri Lawyers Weekly as an Up and Coming Lawyer in the region.
A 2004 graduate of Westminster College, Mr. Heath obtained his Juris Doctor cum laude from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law in 2009. While in law school, he served as notes and comments editor of the University of Missouri-Kansas City Law Review, executive board member of the Ellison Moot Court Competition and staff associate of The Urban Lawyer.
A consummate professional, Mr. Heath is a member of the executive committee and board of governors of the Missouri Association of Trial Attorney, and he currently serves as president of the Legal Aid Board of Trustees as well as member of the Ross T. Robert Inns of Court. He also supports his local community through his involvement with various civic and charitable organizations, and he served as chair of the Kansas City Election Board.
About M. Blake Heath
First Admitted: 2009, Missouri
Professional Webpage: https://www.heathinjurylaw.com/firm-overview/m-blake-health
- Westminster College, Bachelor of Arts
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, Executive Committee , 2019
- Legal Aid Board of Trustees, President, 2019
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorney's Board of Governors , 2015
- Ross T. Robert Inns of Court, Graduate, 2010
- UMKC Law Review, Notes and Comment Editor
Pro bono/Community Service
- Kansas City Election Board, Chair, 2018
- 2011 Ross T. Robert Inns of Court, 2010 Graduate
- Young Professionals Board of Legal Aid of Western Missouri, Founding Member
- Pat Kelly Memorial Scholarship Poker Tournament, Committee Chair
- MO Association of Trial Attorney, Board of Governors
- Legal Aid Board of Trustees, Chair
- Kansas City Election Board, Commissioner, 2010
- The award is given to an alumni that has shown dedication to the School and legal community. , Pat Kelly Service Award, University of Missouri Kansas City School of Law, 2019
- CALI award of excellence in Constitutional Law
- Super Lawyer’s Rising Star 2014-2018
- Kansas City Business Journal's Best of the Bar is designed to acknowledge the work of accomplished area lawyers. , Best of the Bar, Kansas City Business Journal, 2016
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly selected 54 attorneys as Up & Coming Lawyers. The editorial staff selected honorees that have a proven record of going beyond just doing their job and serving their clients. Missouri Lawyers Weekly recognized extraordinary commitment to justice, service to the legal profession and exceptional volunteerism. , Up & Coming Lawyer, Missouri Lawyers Weekly, 2014
- $325,000 settlement for the wrongful death of a young woman who broke her leg while being care for at a respite care facility. , 2019
- $795,000 Jury Verdict against American Family Insurance for Vexatious Refusal to pay , 2017
- $900,000 jury verdict against the City of Kansas City for gross negligence related to the City's ambulance response times and treatment of a heart attack patient. , 2015
- $350,000 jury verdict against a rural hospital for failing to timely diagnose and treat a heart attack. , 2014
Last Updated: 6/9/2022