Melanie S. Morgan
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Kansas City, MO
Melanie S. Morgan is a criminal defense attorney in Kansas City, Missouri. Ms. Morgan is a partner at Morgan Pilate, LLC, and represents clients throughout the Kansas City metropolitan area. She handles a wide range of criminal matters, with a focus on federal white collar crimes.
Ms. Morgan has over 25 years of legal experience. Over her time as a criminal defense attorney, she has helped clients facing charges involving conspiracy, drugs, fraud, immigration violations, regulatory scheme violations, tax evasion, violent crimes and other issues. She is familiar with all phases of the criminal defense process and dedicated to the protection of her clients’ legal rights.
Recognized for her significant contributions to the legal profession and the criminal defense legal community, the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association presented her with its Courageous Attorney award after she successfully defended a client against a war crime accusation. Additionally, in 2016, Missouri Lawyers Weekly magazine awarded her its Women’s Justice Award for litigation.
In 1989, Ms. Morgan received a bachelor's degree from Kansas State University. She went on to earn her law degree from the University of Kansas School of Law. She holds a license to practice law before the state courts of Kansas and Missouri, the U.S. District Courts for the District of Kansas and the Western District of Missouri, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th and 10th Circuits, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Ms. Morgan is a fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers. She is also co-chair of the Defender Services Advisory Group.
- 50%Criminal Defense
- 50%Criminal Defense: White Collar
Criminal Fraud, Felony, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law - Federal
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2021
Certificates and Credentials
Articles about Melanie S. Morgan appearing in Super Lawyers
About Melanie S. Morgan
First Admitted: 1993, Kansas
Professional Webpage: http://morganpilate.com
- Super Lawyers, 2005 - Present
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers, 2020
- Women’s Justice Award – Litigation Practitioner, Missouri Lawyers Weekly, 2016
- Courageous Attorney Award, Kansas Bar Association, 2012
- Kansas State University, B.A., 1989
- Co-Chairs the Defender Services Advisory Group
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
Last Updated: 5/15/2022