Ross C. Nigro
Top Rated DUI-DWI Attorney in Kansas City, MO
Ross C. Nigro is a highly regarded criminal defense attorney. The founder of Nigro Law Firm LLC in Kansas City, Missouri, he represents clients throughout the area who have been charged with state or federal misdemeanors and felonies. The types of cases Mr. Nigro handles range from simple traffic violations and driving under the influence to drug possession and distribution. He also has experience defending clients who have been accused of rape and other violent crimes.
A 1989 recipient of a Bachelor of Arts in history and political science from The University of Kansas, Mr. Nigro went on to attend the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law. After being awarded his Juris Doctor in 1992, he held different positions with the 16th Circuit Court of Jackson County, Missouri, before entering private practice in 1997. Admitted to practice in Missouri and Kansas, Mr. Nigro is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri, and the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 8th and 10th Circuits. Since 2001, he has served as the prosecutor for the city of Raytown, Missouri. He has also served as the Raymore Municipal Judge since 2015.
Signs of the high regard in which Mr. Nigro is held by his fellow attorneys are his AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and his "Excellent" peer review rating through Avvo. He has also been named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100. Mr. Nigro is a member of the Missouri Municipal and Associate Circuit Judges Association and of the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 30%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 30%Criminal Defense
- 20%Criminal Defense: White Collar
- 10%State, Local & Municipal
DUI/DWI, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Debt, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Failure to Pay Child Support, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Overdrawn Bank Account, Parole, Probation, Prosecution, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law - Federal, Appeals, State, Local & Municipal Litigation
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2021
About Ross C. Nigro
First Admitted: 1992, Missouri
Professional Webpage: https://www.nigrolawfirm.com/attorney-profile/ross-c-nigro-j...
- Missouri Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the District of Kansas
- Kansas Bar Association
- Missouri Municipal and Associate Circuit Prosecutor’s Association, President, 2006 to 2009
Pro bono/Community Service
- University of Missouri, Kansas City, Law Alumni Association Board, Secretary
- University of Kansas, Majors: Political Science and History
- Have been a member of Who's Who in the legal profession for over 10 years., Who’s Who, Who's Who in the Legal Profession, 2019
- Have been nominated one of the top 3 criminal defense attorneys for the last three years., One of The Top 3 Criminal Defense Lawyers in Kansas City, TOP 3, 2019
- Awarded client satisfaction award for the last five years., Client Satisfaction Award, American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys, 2019
- Rated Top 20 Defense Attorney in the Kansas City Metropolitan area by Expertise.com. Awarded top 20 attorney for three years in a row., Top 20 Criminal Defense Lawyer, Expertise.com, 2019
- AV Preeminent peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell, Have had an AV Preeminent rating for five years in a row., Martindale Hubbard, 2019
Last Updated: 5/15/2022