Susan Saper Galamba
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Kansas City, MO
People in Johnson County, Kansas and the Kansas City metropolitan area facing legal problems related to family law often turn to Susan Saper Galamba, shareholder and Executive Board Member of McDowell Rice Smith & Buchanan PC. As co-chair of the firm’s family law and divorce practice group, Ms. Galamba's practice primarily consists of collaborative law, mediation, negotiation and litigation involving divorce, high assets, custody, visitation, child support, maintenance, and property division.
At Tulane University, she earned a Bachelor of Arts, and received her Juris Doctor from Georgia State University. Ms. Galamba is admitted to practice before the state courts of Missouri and Kansas. Ms. Galamba is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and President of the Kansas Chapter. In addition, Ms. Galamba is a Fellow of the International Academy of Family Lawyers, and is a collaborative law attorney, and an AAML certified mediator and arbitrator.
For her commitment to legal ethics and professional accomplishments, Ms. Galamba is AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell. A frequent lecturer, author and former radio show host, Ms. Galamba was also a contributor to The Huffington Post and completed the NITA/ABA Family Law Trial Advocacy Program.
A member of the family law section of the American Bar Association, the family law bench bar committee of the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, the Johnson County Bar, the Missouri Bar Association and the Kansas Bar Association, Ms. Galamba has earned a reputation as a compassionate and strong advocate for those who are facing family law matters.
Addtional Office: (by Appointment Only)
McDowell Rice Smith & Buchanan, PC
11903 W 119th Street
Overland Park, KS 66213
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About Susan Saper Galamba
First Admitted: 1991, Kansas
Professional Webpage: http://www.mcdowellrice.com/attorneys/susan-saper-galamba
- The American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML)
- The International Academy of Family Lawyers (IAFL)
- Certified AAML Mediator and Arbitrator
- Member, Kansas Bar Association
- President of the Kansas Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
- Member, Family Law Bench Bar Committee, The Johnson County Kansas Bar Association
- Member, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Member, Kansas Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Member, Missouri Bar Association
- Author of Book: “Don’t Burn the Underwear”
- Hosted Radio Show: “Til Divorce Do Us Part”
- Frequent Lecturer on Family Law Issues
- Fellow, International Academy of Family Lawyers
- Fellow: American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Ms. Galamba has maintained an AV rating, the highest possible rating, in Martindale-Hubbell's peer review rating system, reflecting the high esteem in which Ms. Galamba is held by her colleagues within the legal community.
- AV® Preeminent™ Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Tulane University, B.A., 1986
Pro bono/Community Service
- Co-Chair of 2021 Walk to End Alzheimer's - Kansas City, 2021
- Contributor to The Huffington Post
Last Updated: 9/9/2022