Top rated Insurance Coverage attorney in Kansas City, MissouriDollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe, LC
Practice Areas: Insurance Coverage, Personal Injury; view more
Licensed in Missouri since: 2005
Education: University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law
Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe, LC1100 Main Street
Kansas City, MO 64105 Visit website
A partner at the law firm Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe, L.C., in Kansas City, Missouri, Thomas Hershewe represents clients with matters involving insurance bad faith, insurance coverage, catastrophic injury and wrongful death. He has over 16 years of experience in the field of law and serves clients in Kansas City and throughout Missouri.
Mr. Hershewe has immense experience representing clients who have been abandoned by their insurance companies because another party sued them. He has obtained numerous favorable settlements and verdicts for his clients. He knows how insurance companies work and uses that knowledge for the benefit of his clients.
Mr. Hershewe also takes on personal injury matters and has fought for justice on behalf of those who have been injured through no fault of their own in regard to truck crashes, electrocution, faulty products and industrial accidents, to name a few. For his exceptional work in the field of insurance bad faith, insurance coverage issues and personal injury, he has received a rating of 10 out of 10 on Avvo.
With a bachelor’s degree in political science and government, Mr. Hershewe graduated from William Jewell College. He went on to study law at the University of Missouri School of Law and obtained his Juris Doctor in 2005. After law school, he worked as a law clerk at the Missouri Court of Appeals. He is licensed to practice in Missouri.
Active in the legal community, Mr. Hershewe is a member of the American Association for Justice, the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, The Missouri Bar and the Missouri Humanities Council.
Practice areasInsurance Coverage, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Bad Faith Insurance, Insurance, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death
- 80% Insurance Coverage
- 20% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2005, Missouri
Professional Webpage: https://dollar-law.com/attorneys/tom-hershewe/
- Britt v. Otto, 577 S.W.3d 133 (Mo. App. W.D. 2019)
- Watts v. Lester E. Cox Medical Center, 376 S.W.3d 633 (Mo. banc 2012) (amicus brief)
- Valerie Johnson v. Vatterott Education Center, Inc, 410 S.W.3d 735 (Mo. App. W.D. 2013)
- Christianson v. Goucher, 414 S.W.3d 584, 587 (Mo. App. W.D. 2013)
- Scottsdale Ins. Co. v. Addison Ins. Co., 448 S.W.3d 818 (Mo. banc 2014) (amicus brief)
- Clayborne v. Enter. Leasing Co. of St. Louis, LLC, 524 S.W.3d 101 (Mo. App. E.D. 2017), reh’g and/or transfer denied (May 16, 2017), transfer denied (Aug. 22, 2017)
- Latenser v. Tarmac Int’l, Inc., 549 S.W.3d 461 (Mo.App. W.D. 2018)
- Holdeman v. Stratman, 556 S.W.3d 46 (Mo. App. W.D. 2018)
- The National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Civil Plaintiffs Attorneys In Missouri 2012 – 2019
- Missouri Bar Foundation – David Dixon Appellate Advocacy Award – 2013
- Super Lawyers - 2016-2020
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly – Up and Coming – 2019
- Best Lawyers in America - 2020
- Operation Breakthrough
- Missouri Humanities Council
- The American Association of Justice - Member
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys - Member and Amicus Committee
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association - Member
- Missouri Bar - Member
- William Jewell College - Liberty, Mo. - Bachelor of Science, 2003
Office location for Thomas Hershewe
1100 Main Street
Kansas City, MO 64105
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2022