Top rated class action & mass torts attorney in Kansas City, MissouriDavis George Mook LLC
Tracey George is a founding member at the law firm of Davis George Mook LLC in Kansas City, Missouri. Ms. George practices primarily class action and mass tort litigation, serving clients in Missouri and throughout the country.
Practicing law for over 20 years, Ms. George spent several years as a defense attorney at major law firms, defending employers and major corporations against lawsuits from employees. She eventually decided that serving employees and consumers aligned more with her personal goals and formed Davis George Mook LLC.
Ms. George’s prior experience as a defense attorney gives her a distinct advantage when pursuing claims on behalf of people. She has accumulated vast knowledge of various state and federal laws and has used this knowledge and experience to recover hundreds of millions of dollars for her clients.
In her current practice, Ms. George handles a wide variety of class and mass tort cases, including those involving wage and hour violations, consumer protection, and products liability.
Ms. George earned two bachelor’s degrees, one in finance and banking and the other in real estate, from the University of Missouri. She went on to receive her law degree from the University of Kansas School of Law.
While attending law school, Ms. George served on the Kansas Law Review. She holds licenses to practice law before all Missouri state courts, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri, U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas, U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, U.S. Court of Federal Claims, U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois.
Practice areasClass action/mass torts: plaintiff, Employment litigation: plaintiff, Employment & labor: employee
Class actions, Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation, Employment law - employee, Wage & hour laws, Whistleblower, Sexual harassment
- 50% Class action/mass torts: plaintiff
- 30% Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 20% Employment & labor: employee
First Admitted: 2000, Missouri
Professional Webpage: https://www.dgmlawyers.com/about-us/
- University of Missouri – Columbia in 1997, earning two B.S.B.A. degrees in Finance & Banking and Real Estate
- $6.5 million overtime settlement against Cerner Corporation on behalf of employees improperly paid on a "fluctuating workweek" basis, 2018
- $5.8 million overtime settlement on behalf of Outside Plant telecomm engineers misclassified as exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act overtime requirements., 2017
- Obtained $4.4 million wage settlement on behalf of field engineers misclassified as exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act overtime requirements., 2020
- Obtained $265 million jury verdict against Monsanto Company and BASF Corporation on behalf of peach grower whose orchards were devastated by defendants' dicamba (herbicide) crop system. Bader Farms, Inc. v. Monsanto Company et al. (E.D. Mo. 2020)., 2020
Office location for Tracey George
1600 Genessee St.
Kansas City, MO 64102
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022