Adam D. Woody
Top rated criminal defense attorney in Springfield, MissouriLaw Office of Adam Woody
Attorney Adam D. Woody is the founder and owner of The Law Office of Adam Woody in Springfield, Missouri. Serving clients throughout Greene County and the Ozarks region as well as all across southwest Missouri, Mr. Woody devotes his practice solely to criminal defense, and he provides unmatched counsel and support to those who stand accused of any type of felony or misdemeanor offense, including DUI/DWI, drug crimes, federal crimes, sex crimes, white collar crimes, assault and battery, murder, theft and property crimes, domestic violence, and more.
Regarded as one of the leading criminal defense attorneys in the country, Mr. Woody holds his board certification from the National Board of Trial Advocacy, and he has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers for his outstanding professionalism and legal abilities.
Among his most notable accolades, Mr. Woody has received designation from The National Trial Lawyers as being among Top 100 Trial Lawyers for the past six years, and the National Association of Distinguished Counsel ranked him among the country's Top 1% in 2015. Moreover, he has received designation from Best Lawyers* for DUI/DWI defense in 2017 as well as a Top 100 Criminal Defense Lawyers ranking in 2018.
In addition, the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys named him among the Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorneys Under 40 in Missouri ranking in 2016 and the American Society of Legal Advocates voted him a Top 40 Under 40 Criminal Defense Lawyer in Missouri that same year. The Springfield Business Journal also named him a Trusted Adviser in 2017, and he received the Up and Coming Attorney Award from Missouri Lawyers Weekly in 2011.
After graduating from Drury University with a degree in criminology and psychology, Mr. Woody attended the University of Missouri School of Law, and The Missouri Bar admitted him to practice in 2006. He is also a 2013 graduate of the Intensive Criminal Trial Practice program sponsored by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, and he completed DWI Detection and Standard Field Sobriety Testing sponsored by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in 2014.
Mr. Woody is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit. He is also an active member of the Missouri Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, where he serves on the board, and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He is also criminal law chairman of the Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association and member of the National College for DUI Defense as well as the National Child Abuse Defense & Resource Center.
*Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI, Criminal defense: white collar
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Probation, Sex offenses, Tax evasion, Theft, Traffic violations, DUI/DWI, White collar crime, Criminal law - federal
- 50% Criminal defense
- 40% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Criminal defense: white collar
First Admitted: 2006, Missouri
Professional Webpage: https://adamwoody.com/about/
- Member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- Board Member of the Missouri Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- Board Certified Criminal Trial Attorney by the National Board of Trial Attorneys. Less than 4% of attorneys nationwide are certified in their respective specialty by NBTA. Certification requires a stringent verification of experience and success, including a bar exam-like test in the particular area of specialty , 2013
- Certified by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in DWI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Program, the same certification that police officers receive during their training in the academy, 2014
- Nation's Top One Percent, National Association of Distinguished Counsel. Members are thoroughly vetted by a research team, selected by a blue ribbon panel of attorneys with podium status from independently neutral organizations, and approved by a judicial review board as exhibiting virtue in the practice of law, 2015
- Up and Coming Attorneys Award, Missouri Lawyers Weekly. Each year Missouri Lawyers Weekly, a statewide publication for attorneys, recognizes young attorneys who are making a positive difference in the practice of law in Missouri and whose outstanding contributions have them on the track for success, 2011
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers. An invitation only organization composed of the premiere attorneys from each state in the nation who meet stringent qualifications as civil and/or criminal trial lawyers. Selection is based on a thorough multi-phase process which combines peer nominations and third party research, 2015
Office location for Adam D. Woody
2121 S. Eastgate
Springfield, MO 65809
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2016
Certificates and credentials
Find me online
- @archaeologyart So he’s Jamie from Yellowstone?
- Charlie Chaplin was quietly (no pun intended) a brilliant man. This is an absolutely beautiful speech. Sad we’re st… https://t.co/wBWBRCSLmP
- @esqonfire No I haven’t seen that before. But I also don’t believe that any of the PC affidavits in my cases have b… https://t.co/nG4GOLaxFK