Top rated criminal defense attorney in Springfield, MissouriTwibell Pierson Criminal Law
As owner and partner at Twibell Pierson, Branden Twibell is a criminal law trial attorney who represents clients in Springfield, Missouri and throughout Southwest, Missouri. For his successful work over the last 15 years, Mr. Twibell has been named Lawyer of the Year, for 2023, for White Collar Criminal Defense by the Best Lawyers in America, and included in their 2023 Best Lawyers in America annual list for Criminal Defense. Additionally, he is considered one of the 10 Best Attorneys in Missouri by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys, one of The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100, and one of America’s Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys.
Mr. Twibell's jury trial record includes 4 consecutive jury trial wins (acquittals) in three counties (Greene, Christian, and Taney) within a 12-month period.
Mr. Twibell attended Missouri State University, where he graduated with an undergraduate degree in marketing and a masters in business administration before working as a manager and management trainer with Walmart Stores, Inc.
Following six years of management experience, Mr. Twibell decided to attend law school at Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, he graduated cum laude with his Juris Doctor and began representing those who had been accused of committing a crime, dedicated to protecting their rights. He has experience in cases related to complex state and federal charges including murder, manslaughter, conspiracy, drug charges, DUI, DWI, assault charges, federal charges, traffic offenses, sex crimes, and white collar crimes.
Mr. Twibell is also a noted speaker and presenter on criminal law and defense. In addition to teaching a class at Ozarks Technical Community College on the Constitution, he has lectured for several organizations including the Christian County Bar Association, the Springfield Metropolitan Bar, and the Mini Law School for the Public presented by the Springfield Metropolitan Bar and The Missouri Bar. Mr. Twibell was also the keynote speaker on the Rights of the Accused for Ozark Technical Community College’s Constitution Day.
Additionally, Mr. Twibell is a member of the board of directors of the Community Alternative Sentencing Program (CASP) and actively involved in several other professional organizations including National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL), the Missouri Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (MACDL), and the Springfield Metropolitan Bar and The Missouri Bar.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Criminal defense: white collar, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, False accusations, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Probation, Prosecution, Sex offenses, Tax evasion, Theft, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence, White collar crime, Criminal law - federal, DUI/DWI
- 40% Criminal defense
- 40% Criminal defense: white collar
- 20% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
First Admitted: 2009, Missouri
Professional Webpage: https://twibellpierson.com/team_member/branden-twibell/
- Speaker, criminal law and criminal defense by Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association, the Christian County Bar Association, The Springfield and Missouri Bar Association’s Mini Law School for Citizens
- Teach 1 to 2 classes per semester on the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and Rights of the Accused. , Instructor, Instructor on Introduction to the Constituion, Ozarks Technical Community College, 2021
- Keynote Speaker, Criminal Law and Criminal Defense, Ozark Technical Community College’s Constitution Day
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing/Management- Missouri State University, Honors: President, Sigma Chi Fraternity, 1998
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Missouri State University, 2000
- 'Not Guilty' verdicts in four consecutive jury trials within one 12 month period in Taney, Christian, and Greene Counties. Two of those jury trials wins occurring in two consecutive weeks, 2012
- 'Not guilty' verdict, in a bench trial, in the charge of Assault in the First Degree involving the use of a firearm. , 2022
- 'Not guilty' verdict, in a jury trial, in charge of Endangering the Welfare of a Child involving the death of a child., 2022
- Licensed to practice in the Western and Central Districts of Missouri federal courts (Kansas City, Jefferson City, Springfield, MO)., 2021
- I am not a transactional attorney. My practice is 100% litigation. , 2021
- 4.9 rating on Google Business from 132 reviews by current and former clients. , 2021
- 4.9 Google Business Rating for 173 reviews., 2022
- Member, Missouri Bar Association, 2021
- Member, Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association, 2021
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, 2021
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2013
- Member, Missouri Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, 2021
- Named Lawyer of the Year for White Collar Criminal Defense in Springfield, Missouri Area., Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers in America, 2022
- Included in Best Lawyers of America's annual list for criminal defense., One of the Best Lawyers in America for Criminal Defense, Best Lawyers in America, 2022
- Included in the Best Lawyers of America's annual list for Criminal Defense., One of the Best Lawyers in America for Criminal Defense, Best Lawyers in America, 2021
- American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys: 10 Best Attorneys in Missouri, 10 Best Attorneys in Missouri, American Institute of Criminal Attorneys, 2017
- America’s Top 100: Criminal Defense Attorneys, America's Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys , America's Top 100 , 2021
- Super Lawyers: Rising Star, Excellence in practice. Only 2.5% of attorneys selected to this honor, Super Lawyers Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2019
- Superb Rating, Avvo.com, 2020, 'Superb' Rating- Avvo.com, Avvo.com, 2021
- Esteemed Lawyers of America, 2017, Esteemed Lawyers, 2017
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers In Criminal Defense, The National Trial Lawyers, 2021, Top 100 Trial Lawyers- Criminal Defense, National Trial Lawyers, 2021
- Client's Choice Award, Avvo.com, 2016, Client's Choice Award, 2016, 2016
- Top Lawyer, The Global Directory of Who's Who, 2016, Top Lawyer, Global Directory of Who's Who, 2016
- Lawyer of Distinction in Criminal Defense, 2021, Lawyers of Distinction- Criminal Defense, Lawyers of Distinction , 2021
- Board of Directors, Community Alternative Sentencing Program, 2021
- Continuous Indigent and Pro Bono representation, 2022
Office location for Branden Twibell
901 E Saint Louis Street
Springfield, MO 65806
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2019