Lisha Prater Seery
Top rated Family Law attorney in Springfield, MissouriLisha Prater Seery, LLC
Practice Areas: Family Law, Elder Law, Estate Planning & Probate; view more
Licensed in Missouri since: 1995
Education: University of Missouri School of Law (Columbia)
Lisha Prater Seery, LLC1304 W. Battlefield
Springfield, MO 65807 Visit website
Dedicated to helping people navigate estate planning and elder law issues, Lisha A. Prater is the founding attorney of Lisha Prater Seery, LLC. She handles cases in Greene County and Springfield, Missouri, that involve health care directives, powers of attorney, wills, probate, trusts, business succession, tax planning and concerns for blended families.
The decisions associated with estate planning matters are often sensitive, as they are related to leaving a legacy behind after someone passes away. Many people are hesitant to even begin the process. However, Ms. Prater’s compassionate nature and welcoming attitude put clients’ minds at ease. She guides them through every step, making sure they understand their options and are aware of the possible outcomes of taking different avenues.
Using innovative techniques and her knowledge of the law, Ms. Prater creates a comprehensive plan that preserves clients’ assets and outlines their wishes. This eases the burden on someone’s loved ones. With more than 20 years of experience, she knows how to address even the most complex issues. Just as importantly, she is able to find solutions that are mindful of her clients’ time and resources.
One of Ms. Prater’s top priorities is to make sure her clients feel that their concerns are heard. She is able to weigh both short- and long-term consequences of legal actions. This leads to a plan that addresses a client’s wishes and delivers the best possible solution.
Ms. Prater earned her undergraduate degree from Drury University and holds a Juris Doctor from the University of Missouri School of Law.
Practice areasFamily Law, Elder Law, Estate Planning & Probate
Juvenile Law, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills
- 60% Family Law
- 20% Elder Law
- 20% Estate Planning & Probate
First Admitted: 1995, Missouri
Professional Webpage: https://www.swmoattorney.com/About-Us/Lisha-P-Seery.shtml
- Missouri Bar Association, Family Law Committee
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association
- Academy of Special Needs Lawyers
- National Association of Elder Law Attorneys
- American Bar Association
- Drury University, Bachelor of Science Degree, Major:Criminal Justice, Honors: Associate of Science Degree in Legal Assistant Studies
- Super Lawyer
- Estate Planning, SuperLawyer, Thompson Reuters, 2022
- Recipient of the Fred L. Howard Prize for Excellence in Appellate Advocacy in Law School
- Instructor for Mediation Training at Missouri Sate University on a regular basis. Ad Junct Faculty for Missouri State University Negotiation Class Fall 2010. Ad Junct Faculty for Drury University one semester on Federal Tax. Regular Speaker for the Missouri Bar Association CLE's. Regular Speaker for National Business Institute CLE's
Office location for Lisha Prater Seery
1304 W. Battlefield
Springfield, MO 65807
- Super Lawyers: 2009, 2021 - 2022