Andrew A. O'Brien
Top Rated Products Liability Attorney in St. Louis, MO
- Free Consultation
Andrew A. O’Brien is a dedicated personal injury attorney and the founder of the law firm of O’Brien Law Firm, P.C., in St. Louis, Missouri. For over 25 years, he has focused a significant portion of his practice on asbestosis and mesothelioma law.
Mr. O’Brien understands that everything in a person’s life changes once they are diagnosed with a serious illness. Unafraid to take on large corporations, he has aggressively represented the rights of hundreds of victims affected by mesothelioma, a deadly form of lung cancer, and secured millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements, including some punitive verdicts. He strives to hold industries and companies accountable for continuing to use asbestos even after the federal government’s order to limit its usage in 1972.
Hailing from Dublin, Ireland, Mr. O’Brien completed his bachelor’s degree from the University College Dublin Sutherland School of Law. He then moved to the United States and enrolled at the Saint Louis University School of Law to obtain his legal education. He received his Juris Doctor and became authorized to practice law in all the state courts of Missouri in 1994.
An active member of the American Association for Justice, Mr. O’Brien served among the board of governors of the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys. Recognizing him for his outstanding trial work, The Missouri Bar Foundation offered him the prestigious Lon O. Hocker Award, an honor given to a select group of young Missouri trial lawyers. He also served on the University of Missouri–Saint Louis’s Irish Studies Advisory Committee.
When not running his firm, Mr. O’Brien enthusiastically plays violin and takes part in events organized by the Irish music community in St. Louis, Missouri.
About Andrew A. O'Brien
First Admitted: 1986
Professional Webpage: https://obrienlawfirm.com/about/founder/
- Founding member Andrew O’Brien discusses the link between asbestos and mesothelioma. Asbestos is a mineral, which, when broken down, becomes fibrous. Exposure to asbestos is the only known cause of mesothelioma and it can take many years for the disease to develop, a period known as latency., What is Asbestos and Mesothelioma?
- The success of the O'Brien Law Firm is attributed to the focus that the attorneys and staff place on getting to know their clients and understanding their needs, in order to achieve the best possible outcome., The O'Brien Law Firm Advantage
- The founder of the O’Brien Law Firm, Andrew O’Brien, addresses some of the questions and concerns that those suffering with mesothelioma and their families often have. The O'Brien Law Firm recommends contacting an attorney as soon as possible to begin the process of seeking justice and compensation for you and your family., Frequently Asked Questions
Pro bono/Community Service
- Saint Louis Irish Arts, Band Instructor
- Irish Studies Advisory Committee, University of Missouri Saint Louis
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, Board of Governors
- American Association of Justice
- Local 1 Heat and Frost Insulators and Asbestos Workers Union
- Local 25 United Auto Workers
- Local 1 International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- Local 36 Sheet Metal Workers
- Local 562 Plumbers & Pipefitters
- Local 148 International Union of Operating Engineers
- Local 27 Boilermakers
- United States Navy Veterans
- Saint Louis University School of Law, 1993
- Newsweek Magazine's "Leaders in Asbestos Law Showcase", 2012
- Recipient of the prestigious Lon O. Hocker Award for "Outstanding Trial Work by Young Lawyer Members of the Missouri Bar", 2001
Last Updated: 5/31/2022