Anthony R. Friedman
Top rated intellectual property attorney in St. Louis, MissouriThe Simon Law Firm, P.C.
Practice Areas: Intellectual property, Business litigation, Civil litigation; view more
Licensed in Missouri since: 2013
Education: Washington University in St. Louis School of Law
The Simon Law Firm, P.C.800 Market Street
St. Louis, MO 63101 Visit website
Anthony R. Friedman is an attorney with The Simon Law Firm, P.C., in St. Louis, Missouri. A registered patent attorney with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Mr. Friedman has more than 10 years of legal experience assisting a diverse range of clients throughout the country with their legal needs involving intellectual property and business litigation.
Although he has extensive experience handling all types of patent and intellectual property matters, Mr. Friedman focuses his practice primarily on representing the rights and interests of pharmaceutical companies under the Hatch-Waxman Act. He also has notable success handling patent and trade secret litigation and other similar disputes for high-profile Fortune 500 companies in a variety of industries, including biotechnology, medical device manufacturers, computer software developers, online retail outlets, networking technology companies and more.
Along with maintaining a successful trial practice, Mr. Friedman has considerable experience handling appeals, and he routinely counsels and supports his commercial clients with issues such as licensing agreements, business transactions, freedom-to-operate matters and other related issues.
As a result of his success and unwavering commitment to those he serves, Mr. Friedman has gained recognition from The Best Lawyers in America for the past several years, including the organization's "Lawyer of the Year" award for Litigation - Patent in St. Louis 2018 and 2020. In addition, Missouri Lawyer's Media voted him an "Up and Coming Lawyer" in 2015, and he has received numerous other accolades from his peers.
A 2005 honors graduate of the University of Missouri, Mr. Friedman obtained his Juris Doctor cum laude from The George Washington University Law School in 2009. He is admitted to practice in Illinois and Missouri, as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of Illinois and the Eastern District of Texas, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Highly active in his legal community, Mr. Friedman is a member of the American Bar Association, the American Intellectual Property Law Association, the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis and The Chicago Bar Association, among his other professional affiliations.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
Practice areasIntellectual property, Business litigation, Civil litigation: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
Patents, Intellectual property law, Trade secret, Personal injury - plaintiff, Medical malpractice
- 20% Intellectual property
- 20% Business litigation
- 20% Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 20% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 20% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2009, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://simonlawpc.com/meet-our-attorneys/tony-friedman/
- University of Missouri – Columbia, B.S., Honors: with honors, Major: Biological Sciences, Chemistry
- Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year" for Litigation - Patent in St. Louis 2018 and 2020
- Rising Stars, Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, 2016 - 2018
- Best Lawyers in America, 2019
- Up and Coming Lawyer, Missouri Lawyer's Weekly, 2015
- Galderma Laboratories L.P. v. Actavis Mid Atlantic LLC et al. (D. Del.)
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP et al. v. Osmotica Pharmaceutical Corp. (D. N.J.)
- Shire Canada, Inc. et al. v. Natco Pharma Limited (S.D. N.Y.)
- dWise Solutions and Services PVT Ltd. et al. v. Razor Insights, LLC (E.D. Mo.)
- Parallel Networks v. Abercrombie & Fitch Co. et al. (E.D. Tx.)
- Listingbook, Inc. v. Market Leader, Inc. (M.D. N.C.)
- Princeton Digital Image Corp. v. Neiman Marcus (D. Del.)
- Metasearch Systems LLC v. Travelzoo, Inc. (D. Del.)
- Viskase Companies, Inc. v. WorldPac International AG et al. (N.D. Ill.)
- Somaxon Pharmaceuticals Inc. et al. v. Actavis Inc. et al. (D. Del.)
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. v. Sigmapharm Laboratories LLC (D. N.J.)
- Forest Laboratories LLC et al. v. Sigmapharm Laboratories LLC (D. Del.)
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- State of Missouri
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- State of Illinois
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- Registered Patent Attorney, USPTO
Office location for Anthony R. Friedman
800 Market Street
St. Louis, MO 63101
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2019