Jack A. Downing
Top Rated Class Action & Mass Torts Attorney in St. Louis, MO
Jack A. Downing is an associate attorney at the law firm of Gray Ritter Graham, in St. Louis, Missouri. Mr. Downing practices in the areas of commercial litigation, class action litigation, mass torts, medical malpractice, wrongful death and catastrophic injury, representing clients in St. Louis and throughout Missouri
After graduating from the University of Missouri with a bachelor’s degree in economics, Mr. Downing received his law degree from the University of Missouri School of Law. While pursuing his law degree, he was the note and comment editor for the Missouri Law Review. He holds a license to practice law before all Missouri state courts.
Earlier in his legal career, Mr. Downing interned for a U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri judge and clerked for Gray Ritter Graham. later joining the firm as a practicing attorney. He has since established himself as a respected and valuable member of his legal community. In 2019, Missouri Lawyers Weekly included him on its “Up and Coming Lawyer” list.
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Downing stays involved in his legal community through membership in various professional organizations. He is a member of The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, The Lawyers Association of St. Louis, The Missouri Bar, the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys and the American Association for Justice.
Mr. Downing is also committed to serving his local community. He is a longtime volunteer for Room at the Inn, a St. Louis-based nonprofit organization that provides shelter and services to local homeless women and children.
- 50%Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10%Business Litigation
Class Actions, Toxic Torts, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Medical Malpractice
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2022
About Jack A. Downing
First Admitted: 2017, Missouri
Professional Webpage: https://www.grgpc.com/attorneys/jack-a-downing/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer, Room at the Inn
- University of Missouri, Columbia, MO., B.A. Economics, 2014
- American Association for Justice
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, 2017
- Missouri, 2017
- The Missouri Bar Association
- Lawyers Association of St. Louis
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- “A Blatant Inequity: Contributions to the Common Benefit Fund in Multidistrict Litigation”, Author, “A Blatant Inequity: Contributions to the Common Benefit Fund in Multidistrict Litigation”, Missouri Law Review, 2016
- “An Important Time for the Future of Class Action Waivers and the Power Struggle Between Businesses and Consumers,”, Author, “An Important Time for the Future of Class Action Waivers and the Power Struggle Between Businesses and Consumers”, Missouri Law Review, 2016
- Recipient, 2019 "Up and Coming Lawyer," Missouri Lawyers Weekly, "Up and Coming Lawyer", 2019
Last Updated: 6/22/2022