Jennifer R. Piper
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in St. Louis, MO
Selected to Rising Stars: 2010 - 2011, 2013 - 2015
- Virtual Appointments
Owner of the Law Offices of Jennifer R. Piper, LLC, Jennifer R. Piper represents clients in the St. Louis metropolitan area and all the surrounding counties. She focuses her practice on matters of family law, including the following: child and spousal support, military divorce, alimony, divorce, mediation and collaborative law, and child custody. Named to the Best Lawyers in America in family law practice for three years in a row, Missouri Lawyers Media also gave her the Women’s Justice Award in 2019.
Ms. Piper was also named as a Rising Star and Up and Coming Lawyer by Missouri Lawyers Weekly. Admitted to practice in Missouri, she is also admitted before the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri. For her high ethical standards and long list of successful results, she holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
In 1998, she graduated from the University of Missouri with a Bachelor of Arts. She then attended law school at Saint Louis University School of Law, where she graduated in 2001 with her Juris Doctor. Ms. Piper is currently a member of many professional organizations and committees within them. This includes The Missouri Bar, the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, the St. Louis County Bar Association and the Women Lawyers’ Association of Greater St. Louis.
Within the St. Louis County Bar Association, Ms. Piper served on as secretary, treasurer, president elect and president. For three years, she also served on the executive committee. A former member of the Board of Directors for Caring for Kids, she also volunteered in her community as a member of the St. Louis County Law Library’s Board of Directors for six years.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Military Divorce
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2021
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2011, 2013 - 2015
About Jennifer R. Piper
First Admitted: 2001, Missouri
Professional Webpage: https://familyally.com/jennifer-r-piper/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer in St. Louis County Domestic Violence Court as Guardian Ad Litem.
- Pro Bono services for low income families as a Guardian Ad Litem.
- Certified Parent Coordinator
- Certified Mediator, including Family Law
- Certified Guardian Ad Litem
- JD, St. Louis University, School of Law, 2001
- BA Political Science, University of Missouri, 1998
- Ms. Piper has successfully argued in front of the Missouri Appellate Court on several occasions and specifically in the reported case of Brown v. Shannahan, 141 S.W.3d 77 (Mo.App. E.D. 2004). In Brown, Ms. Piper argued, and the Court agreed and established a new holding, that the statute governing relocations of parents and minor children did not apply to cases where the court was making an initial determination of paternity and custody., 2004
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Ms. Piper was named President of the St. Louis County Bar Association and is one of the youngest Presidents the Association has ever had, 2010
- St. Louis County Bar Association, Past President, 2011
- St. Louis County Bar Association, President, 2010
- St. Louis County Bar Association, President Elect, 2009
- St. Louis County Bar Association, Treasurer, 2008
- St. Louis County Bar Association, Secretary, 2007
- St. Louis County Bar Association, Executive Committee, 2006
- The Missouri Bar Association Juvenile Courts and Law Committee, Vice-Chair 2011-2012
- The Theodore McMillian Inns of Court, Barrister, Inaugural class, 2010
- Collaborative Family Law Association
- Caring for Kids, Board of Directors, 2010-2013
- St. Louis County Law Library, Board of Directors, 2004-2010
- Women's Lawyers Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, National Member and Missouri Chapter
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2020, Named to The Best Lawyers in America® 2020 in the practice area of Family Law, 2020
- Women’s Justice Award, from Missouri Lawyers Weekly 2019, Women’s Justice Award, from Missouri Lawyers Weekly 2019, 2019
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2019, Named to The Best Lawyers in America® 2019 in the practice area of Family Law, 2019
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2018, Named to The Best Lawyers in America® 2018 in the practice area of Family Law, 2018
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2017, Named to The Best Lawyers in America® 2017 in the practice area of Family Law, 2017
- Reinker, Hamilton & Piper, LLC listed with US News and World Reports Best Law Firms in the area of Family Law for the St. Louis Metro Area 2016-2020, Reinker, Hamilton & Piper, LLC listed with US News and World Reports Best Law Firms in the area of Family Law for the St. Louis Metro Area 2016-2019
- Appointed to Special Committee of Missouri Bar Association addressing Juvenile Law and Immigration Issues, Appointed to Special Committee of Missouri Bar Association addressing Juvenile Law and Immigration Issues, 2011
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly, Rising Star Up and Coming Lawyer, 2009
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Ranking, Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Ranking
- Parent Coordinators, Speaker, Parent Coordinators, St. Louis County Bar Association, 2021
- What to Expect and How to Support Your Employee Going through a Divorce or Modification, Speaker, What to Expect and How to Support Your Employee Going through a Divorce or Modification, Society Of Human Resource Management, 2019
- Going Solo: How to Start Your Own Law Firm, Speaker, Going Solo: How to Start Your Own Law Firm, 2016
- Veteran’s Benefits in Divorce, Speaker, Veteran’s Benefits in Divorce, 2013
- Divorce Over 50, Speaker, Divorce Over 50, 2014
- Finding and Preserving Electronic Evidence, Admittance and use of Electronic Evidence, Speaker, Finding and Preserving Electronic Evidence, St. Louis County Bar Association, 2010
Last Updated: 5/15/2022