Kari S. Peterson
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in St. Louis, MO
Selected to Rising Stars: 2014
- Free Consultation
Kari S. Peterson is a founding partner of O’Leary, Shelton, Corrigan, Peterson, Dalton & Quillin, and represents clients throughout the country and in St. Louis. She handles cases of catastrophic injury, trucking accidents, wrongful death, electrocutions, auto accidents, premises liability, product liability, workplace injuries, dog bites, pharmaceutical and drug litigation, and workers’ compensation. Throughout her career, she has fought for the rights of her clients and has successfully handled complex cases against large corporations and Fortune 500 companies with a commitment to never giving up.
Kari has successfully handled many complex cases across the state of Missouri. She obtained $1,200,000.00 for the family of a man killed in a side by side/UTV rollover accident in Stoddard County. Kari represented a client and her family in a roll-over car accident that caused serious injuries, including a fractured vertebra and was able to resolve their case for $1,177,000.00. Kari’s clients include numerous individuals whose injuries resulted in amputations due to electrocution, powerline and manufacturing accidents. She has successfully resolved these cases for confidential sums.
Named one of Missouri’s Top 40 Under 40 Litigation Lawyers by the American Society of Legal Advocates, she was also named by The National Trial Lawyers as a Top 10 Trial Lawyer in Missouri. Ms. Peterson was given the Client Distinction Award by Martindale-Hubbell, and KC Magazine has repeatedly listed her as a Top Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Attorney. She was appointed to The Missouri Bar’s Workers’ Compensation Committee in 2004.
While earning her Juris Doctor from the University of Missouri-Kansas City, Ms. Peterson was given an American Jurisprudence Award and was an editor for The Urban Lawyer Law Journal. She was recognized for her student leadership in the school and was on the Dean's List.
Ms. Peterson is a member of the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, the American Association of Justice, the American Bar Association and the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys. She is also admitted to practice in Illinois, Kansas, Missouri and the U.S. District Court for the Western and Eastern Districts of Missouri.
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Motor Vehicle Defects, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical, Class Actions, Toxic Torts
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2021
- Rising Stars: 2014
About Kari S. Peterson
First Admitted: 2000, Missouri
Professional Webpage: https://osclaw.com/kari-peterson/
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Eastern and Western District of the Missouri Federal Courts
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
Pro bono/Community Service
- Serves on the Board of Kids’ Chance, Inc. of Missouri. Kids’ Chance is a not-for-profit organization which provides post-high school scholarships to children of Missouri workers killed or disabled on the job. In addition to being on the Board, Kari is a member of the Scholarship Committee, where applications for scholarships are reviewed for approval
- 2019 Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyer, Missouri Super Lawyer, 2019
- Missouri Super Lawyer , 2017
- Missouri Super Lawyer , 2018
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Missouri, Top 40 under 40 Litigation Lawyers in Missouri, 2014 Missouri and Kansas Rising Stars
- Super Lawyers named Kari a Rising Star
- Missouri Super Lawyer, 2015
- Missouri Super Lawyer, 2016
- American Bar Association
- American Society Of Legal Advocates
- Bar Association Of St. Louis
- Kids Chance Missouri
- Missouri Association Of Trial Attorneys
- National Trial Lawyers
Last Updated: 5/15/2022